Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know spark plugs have been covered, I searched the board and found people using various kinds. My bike is a 2-stroke 50cc mototec demon, and it came with a "Jidich" L7t spark plug. I bought an NGK BM7A &an NGK BM6A to try out. Am I going in the right direction with these plugs and what would you guys reccomend the gap to set to? The only mods Ive done are carbon fiber reeds. Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
2,355 Posts
I only use NGK plugs the more hoped up your engine is the colder the plug ( to help control detonation ) .035 to .045 is where I set them at I do consider spark plug gap part of tuning so some experimentation is required if you're using a stock cylinder you're going to want to index the plug so the open part is facing down towards the Piston exposing more spark to the fuel charge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only use NGK plugs the more hoped up your engine is the colder the plug ( to help control detonation ) .035 to .045 is where I set them at I do consider spark plug gap part of tuning so some experimentation is required if you're using a stock cylinder you're going to want to index the plug so the open part is facing down towards the Piston exposing more spark to the fuel charge.
Awesome, thanks!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts