Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this speedo: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007MICS/103-5254220-3043046?v=glance&s=toys&me=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

Not sure how to keep the magnet onto the rim since this (my PB rim) doesn't have any bicycle spokes as shown in the instructions. Assuming that there are magnets on the other different types of speedos, how did you guys get yours to stay onto the rim? Also, what number do I put in the speedo so that it is fairly accurate on how fast I'm going on my size diameter rim. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JB weld? Trippin... I want to see how other people installed their magnet first. And yes, I did search but all I got were people showing off their top speed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ended up pushing the magnet out of the stock holder and then 3m taping it to the outer rim, so far works great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also mounted my speedo magnet like that. I took the screw out of the magnet and dremeled the flanges off of the side of the screw. Drilled a hole in the cap for the stem and put the screw through there. just screwed that onto the stem and aligned the pickup. hope that helps

·
Banned
736 Posts
that valve stem flops around too much. i grinded the back og the magnet mount down and drilled a hole in my sprokcet and loctied it in.

Attachments

·
Banned
736 Posts
when your rear wheel is spinning at 1,000 RPM my magnet is stayin on!
But these speedo's only read up to 32 MPH so i took mine off.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i put my magnet in the front by screwing a hole in the screw cap. my speedometer only goes up to 32.1 right now, but i KNOW it's AT LEAST going past 35 mph(went by a car side by side and he said 37 mph 3 times) i always thought it wasn't going past 32.1 because the front cap moved too much @ that speed.

(btw....i need to get on 50:1... i've been running 40:1 on accident lately, hope it gives me 1 mph or so....)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I have another problem. marcelo I drilled a hole in the spoke, put a screw through the ***** and the magnet is nice and snug. HOWEVER, my speedo reads O (zero) no matter what. Yes, the magnet is perfectly flush with the sensor when it passes it by... I also tried moving them apart AND close together and it still doesn't read. The manual says the speedo should turn ON when the sensor reads something, however, it remains off the whole time.

What 4 digits does everybody use? Any ideas why it won't work?? Broken speedo maybe?? I tried using the 4 digits for regular bikes and it still reads O... it should read even if it is a smaller diameter correct?? It may show a ridiculous MPH/KM/H but it should work, right? Everything stayed at zero so I just gave up. Help needed please, thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I have another problem. marcelo I drilled a hole in the spoke, put a screw through the ***** and the magnet is nice and snug. HOWEVER, my speedo reads O (zero) no matter what. Yes, the magnet is perfectly flush with the sensor when it passes it by... I also tried moving them apart AND close together and it still doesn't read. The manual says the speedo should turn ON when the sensor reads something, however, it remains off the whole time.

What 4 digits does everybody use? Any ideas why it won't work?? Broken speedo maybe?? I tried using the 4 digits for regular bikes and it still reads O... it should read even if the 4 digits are for a 20" tire but hooked up on a smaller diameter tire, correct?? It may show a ridiculous MPH/KM/H but it should work, right? Everything stayed at zero so I just gave up. Help needed please, thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, double posting is for idiots :eek: . But ya, thanks for the input guys... I bought another tach and this one is fine so I guess my old one was broken. It's all good, Wal-Mart now has the broken one since I did a little swith-a-roo, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts