Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if this was a normal occurence with anyone else. After riding my Cag MX3, the inside of the faring has a lot of black oil splatter. I dont know if it is normal but my newest cag Raptor doesn't. Since the Raptor is new and stock, i dont know if the mods are making it do this. Mods for the MX3 include:HP pipe, Walbro 603+manifold (ADA), filter.

Any ideas?

By the way, just got done riding with a friend for about an hour and noticed that my air filter tore at the seam coupler when it connects to the velocity stack. Vibrations?

·
Registered
54 Posts
HP pipe? is that the one that goes under the motor ? if it is, then its coming right out of the flange. The flange and the pipe is not welded together, so oil will shoot out from the seam. Can you post a picture of the filter? I can't picture what you were talking about.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dai D168 said:
HP pipe? is that the one that goes under the motor ? if it is, then its coming right out of the flange. The flange and the pipe is not welded together, so oil will shoot out from the seam. Can you post a picture of the filter? I can't picture what you were talking about.
Yeah...the HP pipe is the one that goes underneath the motor. I cant tell where it comes from because it happens while I'm riding. I only see the aftermath. and it's usually the inside of the left bottom faring. I will post picts of the filter when i get a chance.

Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I used to get that on the inside of the faring too. It's coming from the exhaust flange. My gasket wasn't sealing. I removed the pipe, filed the flange and exhaust port flat, then put it back together with some high temp silicone sealant(copper colored stuff).........no more splatter.

Banzai !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
banzai660r said:
I used to get that on the inside of the faring too. It's coming from the exhaust flange. My gasket wasn't sealing. I removed the pipe, filed the flange and exhaust port flat, then put it back together with some high temp silicone sealant(copper colored stuff).........no more splatter.

Banzai !!!!!!!!!
Do you have a pic of it? I checked my bike again today and still cant pinpoint where the stuff is coming out from. I figured that if it is coming out of the exhaust, i would get splattering on both sides of the inner faring...instead, i get a huge amount on the side of the chain like it's spraying from the clutch.

I tried keeping the faring off, on the stand and twisting the throttle but dont see anything...then went riding for 10 mins and it's all over the pipes.

i will try and get some pics of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
banzai660r said:

Banzai !!!!!!!!!
ok got some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yup, that's what I used to get. If you put a glove on and start the engine on the stand you can hold your hand around the exhaust flange while revving the motor. You'll feel and see where it's leaking.......the oil will splatter on the glove.

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts