Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks Guys I cant wait for my engine to get here. I'm going to leave the stock one in the truck for now then build it after I put my built one in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
CAM2 knows all about this stuff and so much more. Can't go wrong with his advice, he has helped me so many times. Head should not sit that low, put a 45 degree angle on the cylds shelf edge and inside the head OD where it meets that will give more drop. That's how I got the Polini 80mm clutch housing on my 39cc clone Polini W/C engine.
I just looked at the cylinder and head I don't know what I was thinking. There is about .120" there so .060" to .080" will be no problem. Thanks Mike

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
The Chinese are not that precise when they build those two piece head kits by parting the stock cylinder top off it's way better to use the stock cylinder and lowering it down by taking the material off of the base then raise the ports a little bit if I had easy access to a mill I would never use those two piece head kits...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
The Chinese are not that precise when they build those two piece head kits by parting the stock cylinder top off it's way better to use the stock cylinder and lowering it down by taking the material off of the base then raise the ports a little bit if I had easy access to a mill I would never use those two piece head kits...
I will give that a try also as the engine I have coming in has a stock head $58 complete engine shipped from amazon.
What oil/fuel mixture do you guys use I'm running 40:1 now

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
after break in with reaguler non synthetic you can run 50:1 with no problems with a good synthetic 2-stroke oil. Others have reported running as lean as 60:1 with racing 2-stroke oils like the Amsoil Dominator.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's what I use AMSoil 2 and 4 stroke motorcycle oil for my X18. The small auto/motorcycle shop I go to only carries there oil in 2 stroke oil, there is no better oil. I even uses it in my Mag. V8 Dodge SUV. 5w/30w.

Reactions: MGP

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
If you have a radio with telemetry then you can put an onboard temperature sensor and monitor your engine Temps none of my pistol style radios have Telemetry I'm not sure which ones have it and which ones don't

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If you have a radio with telemetry then you can put an onboard temperature sensor and monitor your engine Temps none of my pistol style radios have Telemetry I'm not sure which ones have it and which ones don't
I'm running a Futaba 4PV with Telemetry but the sensor it not accurate I normally don't tune with temps I go by ear mostly but I do use my temp gun when breaking in I do five 15min heat cycles then drive the car around slow each time getting a little heavier on the throttle.
Do these engines need that kind of break in?

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
the stock reeds are the best on a moded engine a lot of aftermarket parts are not stackable those reeds might look cool but they fluttere on modified engines.

on a stock engine with onley a rocket key carbon fiber or fiberglass or multi pedal reeds like the black widow kit will see a slight performance increase do anything more and the aftermarket reeds will flutter out makeing the engine lose RPMs

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Merry Christmas Everyone
Does anyone have a V 2 pedal or 4 pedal reed block setup they would be willing to part with ?
You don't want one.....believe me when I say they don't work on pumpgas toolbased 2 stroke engines where the mix has to pass through the crankcase past a spinning crank......

I have one of them sitting around and won't sell something that will be a huge waste of $$..One day I'll build me a shelf queen out of spare parts and that reedblock will be one thing decorating it...lol

There's other members that wanted one too and had to see for themselves even after being forewarned..Their results were less than favorable after taking the time to make one......

It's the design of the crankcase that prevents it from being successful...One reed petal gets slapped and held mostly closed while the other reed simply flutters open with a V block facing the crank horizontally...If it could be turned so the V is vertically positioned it would work alot better but not by a landslide...

Just copy the reedplate aswell as reedstopper mod I posted and you'll get plenty of fuel flow and use the stock tin reeds for the best performance as they're thin as well as react pretty fast compared to fiberglass or composite reeds...

Good Luck and Merry X-Mas to you too..

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Merry Christmas Everyone
Does anyone have a V 2 pedal or 4 pedal reed block setup they would be willing to part with ?
Another note to touch upon too is your engine choice....If you get rid of the reed inducted dud and build a reed inducted engine out of a piston ported engine you'll have one sikk azz powerplant....

Even just doing the full circle crank mod, blueprinting and porting,polishing and balancing to a piston ported e gine will yield way better results...

I only use piston ported engines for vehicles that will see extended use and abuse like r/c vehicles and dtand up scooters....

My highly modded 49cc piston ported engine I have in my 37lb homemade rc buggy is so powerful and insane with a 6.0v auto advancing CDI ignition system it's pumping out about 10hp easily which makes a very killer power to weight ratio enough for lightning acceleration from a dead standstill and propelling it to over 60mph on a 6:1 ratio,

The best part is having the e-starter function I can activate through the third channel on my remote ..

Good luck

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have 2 of the 4 reed V blocks for Cag reed port, for my twin drag bike engines. Never used them, after CAM2 said they did not work good. They were $70 each. Might put one on my 49cc hp piston port engine with a modified Cag full circle crank. The P/P has a cyld intake port and mounting a 4 reed alum block won't increase the volume of the cases. The billet case Cag engine here works good with 4 reed Polini block cause the fuel/air goes over the crank and up the cyld. The engine here I finished this summer, piston port is my favorite now too. Its really 49cc, cause its stroke is 2mm longer than the Cag, both with a 44mm bore, and the cyld intake port is way better than past the crank, not much room. I paid $50 for modified FC cag crank and put it in new piston port cases, the head is Cag also, lot of work. Has cut/ported stock cyld modified to fit the Cag alum alloy head, and I think a Walbro clone 16mm WT-813 pumper carb, rocket key, etc.
This 43cc hp engine is going on my scooter. I am afraid to put the 49cc P/P engine, don't know if the cheap China scooter could take that, lol. Merry Christmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Another note to touch upon too is your engine choice....If you get rid of the reed inducted dud and build a reed inducted engine out of a piston ported engine you'll have one sikk azz powerplant....

Even just doing the full circle crank mod, blueprinting and porting,polishing and balancing to a piston ported e gine will yield way better results...

I only use piston ported engines for vehicles that will see extended use and abuse like r/c vehicles and dtand up scooters....

My highly modded 49cc piston ported engine I have in my 37lb homemade rc buggy is so powerful and insane with a 6.0v auto advancing CDI ignition system it's pumping out about 10hp easily which makes a very killer power to weight ratio enough for lightning acceleration from a dead standstill and propelling it to over 60mph on a 6:1 ratio,

The best part is having the e-starter function I can activate through the third channel on my remote ..

Good luck
Where would I find a piston port engine with the same crankcase and clutch mounting for my RC MT?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The biggest problem is both engine mounts are totally different, would have to mod your frame mounts on the RC, and make mounts. I would just stick with what you have for now.
Plus, when you change one thing it can cause all kinds of other problems that need to be changed to work.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
The biggest problem is both engine mounts are totally different, would have to mod your frame mounts on the RC, and make mounts. I would just stick with what you have for now.
Plus, when you change one thing it can cause all kinds of other problems that need to be changed to work.
One thing hes gonna learn about using a cag engine for an r/c vehicle is he better stock up on pullstarters as the ones on the cag engines get more easily caked-up with mud sand and dirt than the reed ported engines..

Another thing and food for thought is that Gravity is a splendored thing...Even inside moving engines...A single cylinder piston travels up on down a lot easier than diagonal...…Its a lot easier to balance too…….

Besides;- If he gets the Cateye engine case the engine bolts up like a cag...

If you look at the bottom of the piston ported full circle mod engine pictured below you can see the engine mounts...

The best parts about these engines is the clutch being mounted to the flywheel as the flywheel gives a lot better juggernaut effect when the clutch loads up and the crank always sideloads in the same way..No back n forth loading like a cag engine..

This insane lil powerhouse has 0.270 hp per pound...Theres 2500lb 250hp sportscars out there with less than half that power to weight ratio...…..LOL

This engine almost smashed the 64.4mph twin GP460 engines world record scooter run with a best of 62.2mph before it gave up the ghost on a single cyliner...……..LOL

For the other engines without the mounts its as simple as buying one of these....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
One thing hes gonna learn about using a cag engine for an r/c vehicle is he better stock up on pullstarters as the ones on the cag engines get more easily caked-up with mud sand and dirt than the reed ported engines..

Another thing and food for thought is that Gravity is a splendored thing...Even inside moving engines...A single cylinder piston travels up on down a lot easier than diagonal...…Its a lot easier to balance too…….

Besides;- If he gets the Cateye engine case the engine bolts up like a cag...

If you look at the bottom of the piston ported full circle mod engine pictured below you can see the engine mounts...

The best parts about these engines is the clutch being mounted to the flywheel as the flywheel gives a lot better juggernaut effect when the clutch loads up and the crank always sideloads in the same way..No back n forth loading like a cag engine..

This insane lil powerhouse has 0.270 hp per pound...Theres 2500lb 250hp sportscars out there with less than half that power to weight ratio...…..LOL

This engine almost smashed the 64.4mph twin GP460 engines world record scooter run with a best of 62.2mph before it gave up the ghost on a single cyliner...……..LOL

For the other engines without the mounts its as simple as buying one of these....

Mounting wont be a problem , the main mount to this truck is the 4 bolt clutch housing and the one mount on the bottom will be easy to fabricate. Do they make aluminum intakes for this piston port?

This engine should work as long as its not wider than the reed engine
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QVCNF8...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
Thanks again for all you help Mike

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yes, they have an alum P/P intake for the 15mm pumper carb, which be easily modded to fit a 16mm WT-603 clone carb.
Look for parts for an X7 pocket bike, should come with plastic spacer so the engine heat can't transfer to the carb.

Attachments

Reactions: MGP

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Mounting wont be a problem , the main mount to this truck is the 4 bolt clutch housing and the one mount on the bottom will be easy to fabricate. Do they make aluminum intakes for this piston port?

This engine should work as long as its not wider than the reed engine
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QVCNF8...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
Thanks again for all you help Mike
Yes they do and like EPR said theyre very modifyable too.....

Another fact is they put aluminum manifolds on all 43cc piston ported engines on X1's,Mini Harleys.Mini Choppers and a lot of stand-up scooters too...…...

This ones modified for a boost bottle swhich is very needed especially when modding a piston ported engine with a full circle crank..

This aluminum intake is modded to work with the WT603 aswell as WT813 carbs.....

A lil JB Weld on the lower teardrop in the purgeport channel stops the purgeport from leaking case pressure when a WT series carb is bolted to it.....…….

21 - 40 of 85 Posts