Pocketbike Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a mini pocket rocket dirt bike for my son who quickly outgrew. So I did what any good fabricator would...I bought a engine way too big and cut the frame in half. Lol so I am mounting a harbor freight 212 cc engine to the frame with a jackshaft cause the motor is way too wide. My problem is the original set had a small chain I don't even know the size. So I'm trying to replace the rear sprocket with one that is a 35 or 420 chain, doesn't matter which one. I just want to know what chain I'm running. It is a 3 hole mount to the rim. I got no problem drilling holes to fit, but only one I've found was a 70 tooth that was almost as big as the tire. The original sprocket was 5.5" diameter, so I'm guessing a 70 tooth at like 9" diameter won't work for us. We need speed. Any suggestions? I'm exhausted from searching for this sprocket. If I gotta replace the whole tire I will. But what I thought would be a fairly simple build is giving me a headache. Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
The only way to get what you need is have it made...

The only other option you have is to get a steel sprocket like for a go-kart and then weld it on top of the pocket bike sprocket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.