Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to the pocketbike world and just bought a 110cc midbike today. It was really an impulse buy but the deal was too good to pass up. Anyways, the previous owner told me it needed a starter. So I thought it would be an easy fix. I get home, take off the fairings to get a better look at the starter location. It is now that I notice the spot where the starter mounts onto has broken off. It looks like ther is no way to fix this short of fabricating some sort of bracket.

What I would like to know is if it's possible to install a kick start on an electric start motor? How would I go about doing this?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Can't change to a kick start, need a different engine w/ a 4 speed manual

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I would talk to the guy you bought it from. If he sold it to you as a running bike, & all you have to do it change the started motor, when he knew it could not be fixed, without changing the cases is Fraud.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He told me he bought it broken and was told it needed a starter. He told me straight up he never saw it running. He sold it to me for $100 and I thought it was a good deal even if it needed some work. Anyways, I was able to fabricate a bracket and get the starter on there. Now the bike starts right up!. After picking up a new battery at walmart that is.

My next challenge is cleaning the carb. It idles with the choke closed but dies with it open. I'm thinking that the jets might be clogged from sitting for so long with dirty gas.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I'm thinking that the jets might be clogged from sitting for so long with dirty gas.
That is a GREAT next step! <--Clean those J-E-T-S- Jets Jets Jets, any NY jets fans? Used to Know a Cool Girl named Jill, she moved away to NY and is not a Charger Fan as much any more...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Check you pilot jet & main jet, alkinds of dirt hangs around them, there only have about .038" hole in the main jet, does not take much to clog it.
I am glad you got it working, like to see a photo of the bracket you made, its probably not the first one to break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts