Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so new HP carb came and i snapped the idle crew in half... anyways, i used the pump diaphragm on the old carb, but now my pull starter is fried, and i had to use the truck to jump my cateye haha , but my battery is fried, and i need a way to start it... any ideas i have to wait a month till payday for a new pull start.. ? would 2 9v batteries work cause they equal 12 im not electrically enabled person..

·
Registered
501 Posts
2X 9v batteries won't have enough amperage to turn that motor.

Why did the pull start break and why did the battery fry? Answer those two questions before spending any money on parts.

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
would 2 9v batteries work cause they equal 12 im not electrically enabled person..
OK both the old math and the new math both say 9 + 9 = 18.

If you were to use 2 9 volt batteries in parralell they would be 9 volts. If you used them in series they would be 18 volts.

As DJ stated earlier there is absolutly no way a 9 volt will provide the current to turn the starter motor. They are designed for low draw applications.

As DJ stated:

"Why did the pull start break and why did the battery fry? Answer those two questions before spending any money on parts. "

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Need a bunch off amps to turn the engine, them batteries are in milliamps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ it was a very black man from tacoma, washington, the engine mounts were broke off and metal banded the engine..... some people..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts