Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm currently searching for a x18 to buy or at least in the process of getting one. I found this website and was wondering if it was legit: X18 BLOWOUT!!!
They are selling x18's for around 600 and I was wondering, WHAT'S THE CATCH!:D Anything would be great, thanks- John!

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
No, he went to the site and tapped the tab that said, "Contact Us" .....

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Hey guys, I'm currently searching for a x18 to buy or at least in the process of getting one. I found this website and was wondering if it was legit: X18 BLOWOUT!!!
They are selling x18's for around 600 and I was wondering, WHAT'S THE CATCH!:D Anything would be great, thanks- John!
If theyre legit then id say the scam is the quality of the way the newer bikes are built and assembled which is super cheesy compared to the 08 models....

Right off the bat it will take a brand new wet acid filled maintainance free battery w/ battery tender trickle/storage charger,,new 22mm carb w/ jetkit assortment pack and matching intake,,racing CDI,,plastic gastank,,1/4" fuellines/fuelfilter,,hp plug wire,,hp airfilter,,NGK plug and performance exhaust asswell as a fresh castrol 4t 4 stroke 10w/40 oil change before even running just to get it running right to break it in relatively trouble free......................Then theres the handling issue,,the cheesy bolts ,, wiring snafu's and the tires that wont hold air.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks a lot guys for all the responses. I'm definitely not ordering from them. I'll just grow up and spend the extra cash. :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah if you can't pick it up locally in Oregon I'd definitely stay away. There's one report to BBB back in 2008 of a product not being delivered, with no response from the company. I think if it were a total scam there would be a lot more complaints but at best, it's a shady company. I'm curious about where you found that link because if you go to their home page of their website, the back button is the only way to get back to the X-19 ad, no links at all. The info below is from the BBB...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Business is not BBB Accredited
GK Motorsports
Phone: (541) 306-6197

Customer Complaints Summary
2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

Delivery Issues 1
Problems with Product / Service 1
Advertising / Sales Issues 0
Billing / Collection Issues 0
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 0
Total Closed Complaints 2

BBB Closure Definitions
Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
(1) 08/13/2008
Problems with Product / Service
Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received

Complaint Resolution: Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.

BBB did not receive a response from business
(1)12/08/2008
Delivery Issues
Complaint Category: Non-delivery of products

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Nice work Nubee, that is the EXACT same technique I usually try to employ.

You guys can do the same thing, just go to the BBB website, and type in the business name / website address, It's like the "Google" of "jerks selling stuff" or sometimes "cool people selling things" :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts