Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the stroker all dialed in today. I had issues with earlier test and found the crank seals were bad. Got them replace last night and started up with the first pull today. Set the main lean,the needle rich, gearing is 6/60 and the low end is awsome. Also running 100 octane race fuel. TOP END IS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.

Well.................I dumped a load in my pants today! This is ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!

My confirmed top speed verified by my wife driving the mini van was......
53.4MPH

I can't get over the feeling, I'm still shaking.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Damn, that's mighty fast. I hope you had your gear on because crashing at those speeds.... OUCH!

Do you have a video or anything? Not that I don't believe you. You are a very well known and respected member as many of us know.

·
Registered
182 Posts
thats insane!!!!!! i am planning to get a ported 50cc big bore kit soon and i wanted to get the full circle crank but after reading a thread posted on here i'm starting to think it is going to take too much work, money and time.......but after reading your results from it my thought of getting it is back!!!!!!!
p.s. do u think a dirtbike shop could install the crank????? down here we have tons of dirtbike shops and not one pocketbike place!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Vbp6us said:
Damn, that's mighty fast. I hope you had your gear on because crashing at those speeds.... OUCH!

Do you have a video or anything? Not that I don't believe you. You are a very well known and respected member as many of us know.
Had to edit my post. The correct speed is 53.4mph not 63.4.

Sorry I'm still shaking!

A video will be made probably next weekend and I will be verifying my speed with radar. I will have my 7 tooth front sproket by then also.

My NEW goal is to break 60 mph and beat Giannini's record of 63.888 mph and have it on video and verified by radar. Giddyup!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Great...
How high are you reving? You did that with 6/60 gearing?
So your telling me your reving to almost 16K?
Something is screwy here?

·
Registered
213 Posts
what exactly did you do to the bike, and what parts did you use, list it plz.
Thanks and good job. Cag braking sound barrier that's awesome :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thats F'n sick. You're gonna be insane with a 7 tooth on there. I have 2 questions.
1. Are you using a carb bored to 14mm? If not, you should be, and get an 8 tooth with it.
2. How did you get the .4 from a mini van speedo? That sounds like a gps reading. If you use gps, theres no need to confirm anything with a car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nsr Racer said:
Thanks Great...
How high are you reving? You did that with 6/60 gearing?
So your telling me your reving to almost 16K?
Something is screwy here?
Don't have a tach yet but it sounds like it has twice the rpms as stock. It definately feels like it has twice the power. I have a feeling this motor might not last long.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MikeM said:
Thats F'n sick. You're gonna be insane with a 7 tooth on there. I have 2 questions.
1. Are you using a carb bored to 14mm? If not, you should be, and get an 8 tooth with it.
2. How did you get the .4 from a mini van speedo? That sounds like a gps reading. If you use gps, theres no need to confirm anything with a car.
When she we were side by side she said her speedo read just under 55mph. My speedo on the bike read 53.4.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nsr Racer said:
Hey WFO

How many gaskets or what size spacer do you have between case and head?
No spacer. I have two gasket doubled that I cut from gasket material that brings my squish to .5mm.

I thought about using one that I made and a stock gasket but that puts my squish at .3mm. That might be a little tight since there is a little slop in the bearing and spacer that IP2 provided.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Indsk8 said:
how did you get your stroker crank dieled in did you balance it if so give a small write up.
It's dialed in because I finally figured out what the problem was. I couldn't get any good gains from it because the crank seals were blown and the whole time I was messing with jetting. Jetting wasn't the BIG problem but it was required.

IP2 sent me this. Remove black areas and it helps with the vibes. I did it last night and it cut them down by at least 50%. It feels the same as before the stroker.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Son of a @*#%$!! The wife is standing behind me looking over my should and she says, "I said just under 50-55, not just under 55. Well, that's a pretty big difference. Just leave it to a woman......I should have known better!

Looks like I have an unconfirmed speed now with a speedo that's lying to me. Felt like I was going 100 though. I'll get a real confirmed speed with GPS or radar so I know for sure.

I'm thinking I'm really in the high 40's to 50 then. I don't know now!

Sorry guys, I have to change my story here and I can't edit my original post.

·
Registered
162 Posts
did you remove all of the black portions from your flywheel. that would be you now have a big gap in the full circle of the fly wheel now right. and what about the other three black circles, did you totalt remove everything in the circles. like drill and widen out to the black lines.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Indsk8 said:
did you remove all of the black portions from your flywheel. that would be you now have a big gap in the full circle of the fly wheel now right. and what about the other three black circles, did you totalt remove everything in the circles. like drill and widen out to the black lines.
I removed the material out to the lip but didn't remove the outer lip like the picture shows.. I just used a 1/2'' drill for the holes which is smaller that what is pictured but it helped alot!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts