Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was at work were i repair l oxygen equipment, and our homefill pumps look like 5 cyl radial engine. after about starring at it for 15 minutes i came up with the idea of a R10 radial engine with twin banks using cag heads and even using twin superchargers to pressurize the crankcase(1 sc for bank) probably will need a ultra tough clutch but it may trump the 3 engine cag!

·
Registered
242 Posts
sounds good to mee would love to see it done maybe show some idears on paper and have to say it would look a stunner when done

·
Registered
63 Posts
I googled homefill pumps but didnt see any pics of anything radial looking, but certainly post some pictures of your ideas !

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I still like the guy that took 2 Cag engines, side by side, and made a piece that locked the 2 cranks together 180 degress apart, so it was like a two cylinder engine. I would love to do that, and then maybe one set behind the other, or a 4 cyld.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
It was about 2 years ago on another site, some people were talking about it here. Can't remember if they brought the pics here, or I had to go look somewhere else. If you made a shaft between engines, with the key slots 180 degrees apart, and had a left hand thread on one side and a right hand thread on the other side, and you could tie it together at the center, it might work, and you can keep the left clutch and right flywheel intact.

·
Registered
242 Posts
to me there seems a lot of room to go wrong wont the engines natral go off sink? im probs wrong and well i like the idear iv allways wonted to bild a small v twin engine but when i try pute it in to practice just dusnt work with small engines from scracth

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill figure it out...it would be a brutal go kart engine, good luck pull starting though lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts