Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'm trying to put a 6.5hp gas motor into the minibike frame. I have front suspension and disc brakes on it right now, but the eninge is left drive, the eectric is right drive and there is a freewheeel inbetween a working bike and a failure

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This wasn't much of a project, but I bought a minibike frame for $25. the seat has no bolts, the front tire won't hold air, the rear tire has no bearings, the axle bore is less than a 1/2"...really tiny.
so I bought a 3/8" carriage bolt, 2 pieces of flat steel, and 2 cans of spraypaint. I used my extra MX tires and the guts from my dual motor 300. The 5 12v batteries came from the 3 MX bikes I bought last year. I've been desulfating them for months with a little success. The most expensive part was the $40 40amp controller/throttle combo.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I ended up selling off my 2 MX650s to my very excited neighbor kids. Now I've scrounged the last of my EV parts together. I only have 2 battery packs left. 1 is a 7ah 48v pk I stuffed into my pocket mod along with a 1k motor. The 2nd is the original 12ah batteries from 1 of my MX650s coupled with an old freebie 12ah for a frakenstiened 48v pk. I will put this on the minibike as soon as I fix the chain.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just bought 2 MX650s!!!! man I'm "behind" everyone else!

I have 1 MX2000 (dual 1k motors) and 2 new winter projects...

Why'd ya sell?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sold them because they are perfect for the kids who are around 11 and 14yrs old, but they only weigh 50 and 85lbs so they're going to have more fun than me. I wanted to replace some money I dumped into the 2 mini bikes I have.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
48v 12Ah batteries. one 24v 250watt motor with one 24v 350watt watt motor. 16" tires 11/11/80t gearing. Rear disc brake only.
Paid $25 for the frame. great deal!
Me riding the same bike on 72v 7Ah batteries. Has some power, but not as much as it should at this voltage. combination of dying batteries and slower controller. It's a 40amp controller with a 30amp fuse, but the fuse doesn't matter since it hasn't popped.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts