Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to introduce myself :thumbsup:

I am complete new to this hobbie but not new to the modding world. Looking forward to learning all about it!

recently picked one up from CL, I will post a thread in the appropriate section.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the welcome fellas

heres my little one

First thing I realized is the front brake caliper is loose, seems like there is a spacer missing or something because the bolts are tight but its still loose. And it seems like my rear brake rotor has a slight bend in it. There is a leak where the "silencer" meets the fat part of the exhaust. sorry for the horrible terminology I am learning.

other than that she starts right up almost every time on the first pull I love this thing so far :D

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
thanks for the welcome fellas

heres my little one

First thing I realized is the front brake caliper is loose, seems like there is a spacer missing or something because the bolts are tight but its still loose. And it seems like my rear brake rotor has a slight bend in it. There is a leak where the "silencer" meets the fat part of the exhaust. sorry for the horrible terminology I am learning.

other than that she starts right up almost every time on the first pull I love this thing so far :D
The brake caliper is suppose to float back and forth on the caliper holder...

The sliencers usually crack at the expansion chamber when the bike has been flipped.......Shortening the silencer 2 1/2" stops that from happening again..........

Lots of fun with it ........Mine was a blast........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Welcome to the Nitemare,lol. need to start looking for a store with parts. Might start online w/ midsouthminimotos, the have some Euro parts they might be able to help you find a place w/ parts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brake caliper is suppose to float back and forth on the caliper holder...

The sliencers usually crack at the expansion chamber when the bike has been flipped.......Shortening the silencer 2 1/2" stops that from happening again..........

Lots of fun with it ........Mine was a blast........
By flipped do you mean dropped? I went ahead and removed the silencer, black exhaust with holes is bent slightly upward, is that normal?

Also is it normal that my front caliper floats enough to hit my front rotors are time while driving?

Welcome to the Nitemare,lol. need to start looking for a store with parts. Might start online w/ midsouthminimotos, the have some Euro parts they might be able to help you find a place w/ parts.
:D

My best nitemare so far, I am goin to be ordering new rotors for front and rear. Can anyone give a little more info about the 6.5" wheels mod. Would hate to buy rotors only to buy different ones later on.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
By flipped do you mean dropped? I went ahead and removed the silencer, black exhaust with holes is bent slightly upward, is that normal?

Also is it normal that my front caliper floats enough to hit my front rotors are time while driving?

:D

My best nitemare so far, I am goin to be ordering new rotors for front and rear. Can anyone give a little more info about the 6.5" wheels mod. Would hate to buy rotors only to buy different ones later on.
When I say flipped I mean flipped backwards on its tail...its easy to do...just sit too far back on the seat when the powerband kicks in or from a dead stand still and it will flip out from under you....................Ive had plenty of tiny pocketbikes come out from under me and flip uncontrollably to a stop or have the front shoot up and smack ya in the lips..........LOL

If the caliper hits the rotors then Id remove the caliper and check the pads...Only the pads hit the rotor on mine....The float its supposed to have is so both pads hit the rotor with the same pressure........

As far as the 6.5" wheel mod ...If you go to MidSouthMinimoto's site theres a Blata 2.6 schematic..As far as I remember the rotors will interchange and will have to for the front seeings the mount for the caliper is fixed to the front forks.................Just get a set of cag wheels and spacers...Youll be able to swap them pretty straightforwards...........Youll have to raise the front wheel fender which means unriveting it and making a new hole in the plastic......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks cam, just realized I've been asking what "cams new-bike walkthrough" is and it finally clicked now that I read your username. I will try to find the thread.

1. For the front caliper, when looking at it one pad is visible at all times, the other only when I press the brake you see it come out. Do I need new pads?

2. Where may I find a set of CAG wheels, and what do the spacers look like?

Thanks for your help in advance

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Go to SP4Less online he has Cag slick wheel sets w/ Bad paint minus bearing and spacer, Guetto Wheels $55, and $16 S/H, there on my avatar Lucky 7 photo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.