Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to add brake fluid to the resevoir and found it dry with flaky residue in it. Cleaned it out but now need to find the best way to clean the whole front brake line which seems to be dry. Should I just disconnect the line at the caliper and flush with pipecleaners and isopropenal? How can I clean the master cylinder which is in the caliper brake housing at the wheel?

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
You buy a new lever and master cyld. Around $18 to $25. Direct from China, on the .com, AliExpress.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You buy a new lever and master cyld. Around $18 to $25. Direct from China, on the .com, AliExpress.
So no way to clean out the master cylinder if its disassembled? And why a new lever?

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
Cause the new master comes as a unit w/ lever. You might be able to put your old levers on on the new front handlebar master cyld. I bought breakaway levers and put them on my X18, for about $20.
The old one can be taking apart, but you will need new rubber cups on the piston, just like a car. People selling pocket bike parts don't have cups, probably because the new units are so cheap. You might go to to a Honda Dealer parts and see if they have cups that will fit. You will also have to hone the round cyld if needed for the new cups, just like when you replace engine piston rings.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cause the new master comes as a unit w/ lever. You might be able to put your old levers on on the new front handlebar master cyld. I bought breakaway levers and put them on my X18, for about $20.
The old one can be taking apart, but you will need new rubber cups on the piston, just like a car. People selling pocket bike parts don't have cups, probably because the new units are so cheap. You might go to to a Honda Dealer parts and see if they have cups that will fit. You will also have to hone the round cyld if needed for the new cups, just like when you replace engine piston rings.
Thanks, am ordering one of the levers/master cylinders, luckily back brakes work for now.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
To flush brake systems on bikes alls I do is remove the master cylinder cover or cap then crack the bleeder put a hose on and slowly pour brake fluid in as the fluid goes down so no trapped air can happen....when the flud is clear i shut te bleeder,,remove the hose,top off te master,, recap it and test it....

Theres nothing really to the brake systems on these bikes as the stock stuff needs to be modified to provide safe overall stopping power...

Some of the street scooter calipers swap over directly.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts