Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to start??? Perfect opportunity came up so a jumped all over it!!! I was originally gonna build up an x15 into the baddest mini racer as I possibly could. With that said,I knew I would've had to put a huge amount of work into the chassis alone. To get what I wanted out of it so this was one of the reasons I kept delaying the program.lol
So I came across this chassis in which I have been eyeing for years. One came my way so I jumped on it. BAM!!!
So after serioulsy looking at what direction the mids was going. This was/is the best option, parts and upgrades for the chassis is plentiful!!!!
The chassis is super strong, swingarm alu and super strong also! Though not an xbike, this still was a no brainer!!!
Now! A build like this has been done before! But minds will have multiple feature that will be unique.
Some of things it will have: 1 fully adjustable USD'S with neutral axles!
2:Dual front disc brakes... of course.
3:linkage rear suspension with fully adjustable do bones
4: option to be able to run 12" wheels or 10.(will be on 12" wheels for sure though)
5: adjustable seat section for taller people to fit comfortably.
6: motor over 200cc horizontal 4v( with a possible 6speed gear box or at least a 5sp) been reseaching this for awhile now. So I have some good ideas on how to make it happen...
For the last possibly custom race fairings. They will actually look like the bike they will be model after. And saying possibly on this because I might get lazy on that part. Gonna be a lot of work.
So far this is where the bike stands. Of course it will be a track purpose bike. Might not ever see the track though, I just wanted to build it.
Gonna be a slow build oh also it will be a replica race bike... Stay tune!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention this bike will be bigger than the mids. But just a tad smaller than the nsr's bikes along those lines. Plus it will be lighter in weight, it feels lighter than the x18's now by about 10lbs. Could be my imagination though plus there's still things to be added.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finished up making the last fork leg shim for the triples.... The forks feel surprisingly well, well dampened and sprung. Since they feel really good I will mod them up last.
First build I'm actually really excited about....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
REAR SHOCK LINKAGE!!! Bam!!!
Can't say enough about the linkage system when done right!!! The difference is night and day one tell just from sitting on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bro!!! I'm gonna have a real good go at it and take my time. Not like I did with the others, always in a rush cor no reason.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did a mock up of the adjustable linkage system.
Just gotta make up some brackets to attach everything.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Thanks Bro!!! I'm gonna have a real good go at it and take my time. Not like I did with the others, always in a rush cor no reason.
That's your version of the turn of events for your projects,,,,believe me bro it was necessary to get them done quick....The dirty girl had to up its game each time it hit the racetrack back then so don't ever forget or regret...

Those experiences paved the way to this point and time and that now things are slowing down as far as the racing season but still building a badazz stealth racing machine deserving of the talent you posess is definitely in order in my opinion....Rock on swheels........:thumbsup:

Pulled a decade of slumber vintage machine out to awaken the beast and a beast it was indeed.....my arms and legs are killing me.......:D

Have a safe and happy 4th ,,,,,,,,:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's your version of the turn of events for your projects,,,,believe me bro it was necessary to get them done quick....The dirty girl had to up its game each time it hit the racetrack back then so don't ever forget or regret...

Those experiences paved the way to this point and time and that now things are slowing down as far as the racing season but still building a badazz stealth racing machine deserving of the talent you posess is definitely in order in my opinion....Rock on swheels........:thumbsup:

Pulled a decade of slumber vintage machine out to awaken the beast and a beast it was indeed.....my arms and legs are killing me.......:D

Have a safe and happy 4th ,,,,,,,,:thumbsup:
Thanks Cam! And your right!! I tried to keep down time to a minimum.

BEAUTIFUL beast she is!!!! Looks show room, did you do a restoration???

A little mock up of the linkage on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the adjustable fork cartridge out. Not in a rush to install it though, forks feel really good so car. Still like to test ride first see the differences.
Also started working on the left side rearset mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah baby swingin it!!! Just trying to give the swingarm more of a nroad bike appeal...
Gonna finish making all the pieces then try and have it welded.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
The work going into this bike isn't anything to be reconned with.....Its looking pretty yummy............:D

After my Supercharged Diablo kitcar build is finished I plan on doing a full sized bike that's full racer but used on the streets.......Right now Im just putting around on some old POS Yammies...............:D

Keep up the killer work.......I haven't been around much but I manage to pop in from time to time to check things out............:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Killer project, going to be a great bike, I will be here following the build, lol.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The work going into this bike isn't anything to be reconned with.....Its looking pretty yummy............:D

After my Supercharged Diablo kitcar build is finished I plan on doing a full sized bike that's full racer but used on the streets.......Right now Im just putting around on some old POS Yammies...............:D

Keep up the killer work.......I haven't been around much but I manage to pop in from time to time to check things out............:thumbsup:
Thanks bro! Man you gotta post pics man when get started.

Killer project, going to be a great bike, I will be here following the build, lol.
Thanks bro! I hope I can get it welded up otherwise I'll be crushed.

wow thats awesome, what kind of frame is that?
Its a perimeter chassis.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So this past weekend I went to a friends house to try and weld up the swinger. No such luck just as I suspected. The thinner pieces of alu would melt when trying to weld.
So my buddy told me there's a guy at his job that can do it. I really don't think so but he insists that this guy can.lol
So what I'm doing is bolting/screwing the pieces to the swingarm. Then I will drop it off to be welded I hope.
I tried some rivets the rivets didn't seem to be good enough. Screwing it together so far seems to pretty strong.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I so don't like the look of the screws! Lol id prefer the rivets.
On a side note, I think I'm gonna tinker with that x16 rear shock. If it has I real seal I might be able to mod it into a real shock. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Need a Tig welder, great for thin SS sheet metal and alum.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes we tried his tig weld the thinner alu would start to melt long before the thick alu swingarm. My friend is no welder by trade though. But he does know good deal about it. But can weld the heck out of steel just not alu. Lol
Hopefully his co-worker can do it. His co-worker is a welder by trade.

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
A talented welder can work wonders.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts