Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some castor synthetic oil but before I used basic 2 stroke oil.. do I have to or would it be wise to clean out everything to get rid of the old oil or will I be fine just using the new oil with a fresh tank of gas?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If it runs good, just wait till the next gas mix. Castrol will not burn like reg oil, it has a very high breakdown rate.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Just simply run the tank dry and add the new mix.........I'd add a fresh newly gapped sparkplug for good measure..

As you run it;-it will clean itself out and imbed the new lube so give it 5-10 minutes for the changing of the guard..........You may also have to finetune the bike by adjusting the plug gap or richening or leaning the c-clip on the carb

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotta say this new oil is working wonders. im kicking myself for not using this stuff when i first got my bike... now that i can check that oil off my list, i got a question about chain oil. i cant find my actual chain oil i used when i had my R6 but i do have some white lithium grease and some silicone oil. will either of these work?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
PJ1 chain lube spray / and cable lube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts