Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an SX500 used the other day. From a quick glance, I think the front rotor is a bit warped. When i started looking around for a replacement, I ran into discussions of 2 vs 3mm replacement rotors. I'm out of town at the moment so i can't check, and that led down the rabbit trail of other brake options. Has anybody used the complete hydraulic brake packages like this one?
AKANTOR Zoom Hydraulic Disc Brakes Mountain Bike Sets MTB Front & Rear Set with Floating Disc Rotor 160mm & Color Bolts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088194H1K/

I'm not absolutely sure it matches up on the bolt pattern for the rotors and such. If it does and offers a decent upgrade for a reasonable price, I'm tempted.

Any feedback from those that have been down this road before is appreciated!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I haven't had the chance to pull the rotors off any of my mountain bikes to check and see, but I'm pretty sure the mtb rotor bolt pattern should work, as long as your bike has the 3 bolt hub. If it's 4 bolt, it shouldn't work. Also, make sure you have enough space to fit a 160mm rotor. Almost all these bikes are 140mm rotors.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I actually looked up the bike. lol. Yes, the MTB brakes will fit. You'll have to use the adapter that comes with it. Looks like you'll have space to fit the 160mm rotor. If you're willing to spend a little extra, you can use the caliper and adapter I used for my bikes.

Check this thread:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I've read through that thread. So you think the one I linked would fit out of the box?

·
Registered
109 Posts
You'll need the adapter I bought also. But, check your rotor size, just to make sure. Sometimes it's etched or stamped on the rotor. You'll need a +0 for the 140mm rotor, and a +20 for the 160mm rotor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts