Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a syx moto pocket bike and its a 49cc 2-stroke and it won't start at all no matter what you do to it i just got it rode it for three min and it won't start again please help

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Thanks for joining and welcome. First step At least what I do, pull the spark plug out and look at it, maybe even smell it. If I smell fuel on it the spark might not be good, set it on the cylinder head while it is in the spark plug wire. Make sure it is dark in your garage or shed, make sure it is definitely touching the cylinder head and pull the pull start and see if you have a blue Spark. Considering how new it is I would condemn the spark plug first. And while you are at it if it was flooded you can clean out the cylinder with no spark plug in it. Here's a little neat trick, make sure that the spark plug is not over in the spark plug hole. It can ignite the mixture coming out of the cylinder head.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for joining and welcome. First step At least what I do, pull the spark plug out and look at it, maybe even smell it. If I smell fuel on it the spark might not be good, set it on the cylinder head while it is in the spark plug wire. Make sure it is dark in your garage or shed, make sure it is definitely touching the cylinder head and pull the pull start and see if you have a blue Spark. Considering how new it is I would condemn the spark plug first. And while you are at it if it was flooded you can clean out the cylinder with no spark plug in it. Here's a little neat trick, make sure that the spark plug is not over in the spark plug hole. It can ignite the mixture coming out of the cylinder head.
Well we did that and there was fuel on the spark plug and I think the engine is flooded but I don’t know how to not make it flood

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
For some reason oh, maybe the kill switch or the spark plug was bad it wasn't going to fire the mixture. With the spark plug out you can pull it five or six times to try to empty the cylinder, pull it hard and fast. After that, fresh plug if you have one and try to start it again. It is possible it is a carburetor but I have a feeling it is Spark. After 6 or 7 pulls if it does not start, open the choke and hold the throttle wide open. Now while doing that, if your rear tire is not OFF the ground, you need to use discretion and either hold a break at the same time or let off the throttle right when it starts. I did that for years with dirt bikes and snowmobiles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh
For some reason oh, maybe the kill switch or the spark plug was bad it wasn't going to fire the mixture. With the spark plug out you can pull it five or six times to try to empty the cylinder, pull it hard and fast. After that, fresh plug if you have one and try to start it again. It is possible it is a carburetor but I have a feeling it is Spark. After 6 or 7 pulls if it does not start, open the choke and hold the throttle wide open. Now while doing that, if your rear tire is not OFF the ground, you need to use discretion and either hold a break at the same time or let off the throttle right when it starts. I did that for years with dirt bikes and snowmobiles.
ok I will try that I will let you know if that worked later because I’m at work right now

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Sounds good. Spark, fuel, and compression. You know you have fuel and I'm sure you have compression considering it is a new bike. It is possible it doesn't but spark plugs are probably the fastest thing to die on these bikes. Always keep extras on hand, I personally like NGK, they're pretty cheap at my local automotive stores.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
If your not getting spark you may have a defective coil or switch.

Is that a 2-stroke or four-stroke ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds good. Spark, fuel, and compression. You know you have fuel and I'm sure you have compression considering it is a new bike. It is possible it doesn't but spark plugs are probably the fastest thing to die on these bikes. Always keep extras on hand, I personally like NGK, they're pretty cheap at my local automotive stores.
if it is a carb thing what do I do in that situation

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
on the CAG you simply pull the carburetor off flip it over take the float bowl off take the jet out with a flat bladed screwdriver clean it I poke it through with a single strand of copper wire then shine a flashlight through the jet and make sure you can see light through it it's a very very tiny hole then get a premium filter from the lawn mower shop that's made for 2 stroke fuel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there a way I can move the foot rests back so that when i get it to run it can be more comfortable to ride?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts