Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Also how do I fix a flooded engine
I believe earlier I had explained that the easiest quickest way is to pull the spark plug out and pull the engine over 5 to 10 times hard. That way it will clear the fuel.out, I usually put a rag over the plug hole to catch the fuel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For the not starting issue, I normally start at the spark plug. They come with some weird Chinese brand plug that may or may not work. After that, the carb. Sometimes they come too rich. Sometimes they come too lean. From experience (my two SYXMOTO bikes), the carb is your major culprit. Swap to a NGK and try to start it. You may have to turn your idle screw up kinda high to get it to start. After that, give it a run. Long stretches of WOT will run your bowl dry. You'll need to either mod the stock carb, or go to a pumper. AVOID THE SHA Chinese clone carbs!!! They are guaranteed to break. All three of mine broke within a few hours of install. I swapped to a pumper, and the bike is doing much better.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Yep, as said so many times 80% work 20% play. Spark, fuel, compression. Thats it. Lack of compression can be gaskets or top end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
For the not starting issue, I normally start at the spark plug. They come with some weird Chinese brand plug that may or may not work. After that, the carb. Sometimes they come too rich. Sometimes they come too lean. From experience (my two SYXMOTO bikes), the carb is your major culprit. Swap to a NGK and try to start it. You may have to turn your idle screw up kinda high to get it to start. After that, give it a run. Long stretches of WOT will run your bowl dry. You'll need to either mod the stock carb, or go to a pumper. AVOID THE SHA Chinese clone carbs!!! They are guaranteed to break. All three of mine broke within a few hours of install. I swapped to a pumper, and the bike is doing much better.
What carb did you get do you have a spitfire link for one?

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Try spraying some starting fluid see if it will pop off on that if it will then it's your carby if it won't you have another problem

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Try spraying some starting fluid see if it will pop off on that if it will then it's your carby if it won't you have another problem
No it doesn’t pop so what would the issue be we put starter fluid and it dosen’t pop and we just replaced the spark plug

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Did you test for spark if you don't have spark then it's your coil
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle

21 - 34 of 34 Posts