Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no fuel to engine, i put gas where the spark plug is and it fires up for a few seconds, so i believe there is spark, problem is no fuel is getting to engine i believe

so i ended up taking off the engine, then removing what looks to be the fuel pump? pic 1, then i removed the gray cap that is on the bottom, pic 2. inside there is a white plastic ring, pic 3, i then removed that and there is a bunch of what looks to be gel inside there, pic 4, i dont know if this is supose to be in there to protect something or if thats is what is clogging my fuel getting to the engine.

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Hi Tyler...

That is the carburetor, the part filled with the slime is the "Bowl" clean the whole carb, somebody was adding way too much oil to the gas or some strange fuel additive was used or something...

Nice job uncovering the issue!

Nick.

·
Registered
898 Posts
OMG! that sludge is DEF whats causing ur problem!
never seen one THAT bad go thru everything in the carb and clean it GOOD
also a new fuel filter is probably in order as well.
GOOD LUCK!
billy

·
Registered
355 Posts
no fuel to engine, i put gas where the spark plug is and it fires up for a few seconds, so i believe there is spark, problem is no fuel is getting to engine i believe

so i ended up taking off the engine, then removing what looks to be the fuel pump? pic 1, then i removed the gray cap that is on the bottom, pic 2. inside there is a white plastic ring, pic 3, i then removed that and there is a bunch of what looks to be gel inside there, pic 4, i dont know if this is supose to be in there to protect something or if thats is what is clogging my fuel getting to the engine.
Is this a 2 stroke or 4 stroke engine ? I've cleaned some really skanky carbs over the past 30 years, and never seen one with black gel spooge in the bowl. Ethanol spooge is always a yellowish/greenish color. That black goo almost looks like grease or something.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Just started with this forum. Could that goo be silicone seal that the previous owner tried to use for sealing the carb gasket? Silicone seal will get gooey and crumbly in gasoline over time. Not made for that application. Though the amount in your float bowl makes me think he went nuts with the stuff!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts