Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a 12" or even bigger to put on a nanobot electric hub. Factory tire is a 110/50/6.5 which is close to 11". Having a hard time finding anything larger?

Thanks!

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
There were none made for pockets that were taller. Maybe something can be found. I am assuming Chinese pocket bike tire sizes are the same as car tires, in that the first number is the width, second number is the percentage of the width for the height. To go taller the second number needs to raise first, but eventually they stop and then you need to go wider one size, then max out the second again. (All so you can look for a tire anywhere with this knowledge)
I will look around, see if I see anything.
Another thing is put the early x1 x2 rims and tires. I heard axles are bigger, and the tires are hard to find right now if you find rims used somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It may just be the picture, but the Honda Minimoto stuff looks taller than 11"? Now that I look harder guessing those aren't 6.5" wheels?

Have a little pocket mod razor "sleeper" 8000w setup. Goes 43mph and gets there in a hurry. Was hoping to get a hub motor on it so I can ditch the chain setup and get larger battery in it. Factory tire is only 12" tall and ever those are pretty unstable at 45. I was worried dropping down to an 11" tire will make it even more unstable.

-thks all!

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Honestly, height would make it more unstable if there is a big side wall. Think about cars, the ones that handle well have small side walls. Bigger Rim smaller side wall. I would find any kind of mini bike wheels that would fit more stable at 45 than those Pocket Mod Wheels. Post some pictures of that thing. That thing sounds awesome!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Look around and triple measure. But here is a pretty good site for wheels...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Appreciate the input!

I seem to find the opposite true on tire/wheel height as my 15" tall tire razor MX500 is MUCH more stabile than the 12" tall Pocket mod razor bike at speed. I'm talking about stability in a straight line. Not through turns. I don't turn at speed at all. Strictly a pit bike at the local drag strip that I race people on for fun. Cruise the bike paths on with my 4 year old son.

I'm also worried I'll lose alot of down low grunt switching to a hub motor. Which is what makes electric bikes so much fun. I'm stuck with a 6.5" wheel in back (11" tire is standard) as the motor is built in the wheel. Currently have a 12" tall tire on the bike. 15/80t gearing at 88v and will top out at 43 with a 205lb rider. The scooter is tiny and factory appearing. Built as a joke mainly. The MX500 bike is 120v and Accelerates MUCH more quickly. 45mph top speed on it. But will do 0-30 in 2.4 seconds. A $3500 Surron does 0-30 in a little over 4 seconds.

Goal is to switch to this Hub motor for the rear so I can ditch the chain

60V 2800W Brushless Electric Scooter Hub Motor Front & Rear Drive 11" | eBay

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Bicycle accessory
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle hub Bicycle tire

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Well that hub motor just takes a scooter tire you can get all sorts of performance scooter tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that hub motor just takes a scooter tire you can get all sorts of performance scooter tires.
I'm not seeing anything over 11" tall for a 6.5" wheel. Was hoping to get 12" minimum as thats what they come with and they are already sketchy. Wouldn't mind the extra MPH either.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The MX500 is just a better tire overall. Its wider that also helps stability. Without modifications to the frame you are pretty Limited. Let me do a little research when I get a few minutes. But I have a feeling not much is out there. Those are some sweet setups. What motors are you running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thks! The Mx500 is a Kunray 3000w72v motor. The "pocket mod" scooter is a my1020 2000w 60v. Motors use to be a tad under $100, but china parts have sky rocketed lately. The batteries are still a bit ridiculous. Once cost comes down on those, alot of folks will make the switch IMO. Goods bat's are usually $500-700. The 120v setup uses 3 yard force 120v tool bats in parallel. Amazon had the bats as open box ware house deals for $100 shipped. They are a blast! very sneaky as well, we take them on paved city bike trails quite a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts