Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woke up early and got jayson his first good ride in today
he did great im really happy with him, he turns 7 tomorrow and its his 2nd time on the bike
he was really happy and im high on that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9PhlQGai4

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Can't wait till the 6yr old twin boys can ride, want to turn them loose on the track. It will be like the Hanson Brothers on that old Paul Newman movie Slap Shot,lol.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
woke up early and got jayson his first good ride in today
he did great im really happy with him, he turns 7 tomorrow and its his 2nd time on the bike
he was really happy and im high on that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9PhlQGai4
Good Job Blitz! Way to go, getting him to try again is SUPER important, and now that he has seen he can beat it (the bike) he will be a stronger person for his entire life!

plus, he knows how to ride a Motorcycle at 7! :eek:

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys
epr, i figure when they can ride a bicycle good and not crash then they are ready to try a slow motor bike, they both wanna look at me or other things instead of straight ahead, and they wanna put their feet down instead of using the hand brake, but both are getting the hang of it and im sure they will only get better
but his confidence is way up now, he said ya know poppy i could probably beat you now....lol

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, im on a roll
i have tomorrow off so i might get them all out
i need a few more bikes

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Just so you guys know, my own group here in Tucson has four boys an three girls. The youngest is 4 years old (boy), the oldest are 9 (boy and girl). And the 9-yr-old girl is already talking to her daddy about wanting to make her bike faster .....

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
That is GREAT Spy! I have volunteered countless hours to the Boys And Girls Club, you know what they say, something about Kids being the FUTURE or something...

I'm glad to see we have more than a few caring adults here, who are able to help fill a gap, parents are so busy in today's day and age that sometimes they have no time left for their own Children. :eek:

If kids today have less guidance then we did, and we barely made it, how are they supposed to do it? more guidance is the key!

Now, helping them ride motorcycles safely, just adds a x2 multiplier to the situation.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's a lot of thrilled kids. I remember my first bike(I wasn't 4 or 9, rather 14) but it was still so exciting.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think about if i could have rode a pb at that age i would have thought that was the greatest
i also plan on using the time to teach other life things like respect, sportsmanship, adversity

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
That's what we do, Blitz. Check out the last link in my signature, and look at the page that has our mission statement. You'll see what we're all about ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice work mate, its great to get them on and riding at a young age and its a nice way to spend time with the kids.

My older guy started riding his mini dirt bike only a few days ago at 8 years old. He's been riding a pocket quad since he was about 5-6 and thats now in regular use with his little bro, age 3. Safety first and your kids will have great fun. :)
This was his first attempt at riding it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y89ayqsqWTA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cool Video Spectre! I love to see kids having fun, while being safe too!

Way to go!

Nick.
Thanks man, :)

Just ordered some new helmets and goggles for the boys, love to take pics/vids of them when i have them out, they'll really enjoy looking back on them later on in life. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts