Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've had this bike for a year now, and since the day i've had it has has terrible acceleration. I mean, its revin out high rpm, but it just slowly picks up speed. Rev it anymore and starts to cut as in bog. Its top speed however, rivals that of my main bike so what gives?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
sounds like you need to be richer in the midrange, and maybe if you roll off the throttle too
the mid adjustment is the C clip on the needle jet in the carb, you want to move the clip closer to the tip, and turn counterclockwise the air/fuel screw a whole turn and see what happens

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Make sure you have motorcycle engine oil in the crankcase........Castrol 4T 4 stroke 10w/40...Crankcase capacity is no more tha 3/4 of a qt.......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely not the carb that was one of the first things I replaced and still no good. Its tru that the bike in question is long overdue for an oil change (haven't changed it since I got it from owner) so I will give that a try, although I am doubtful. I will post results asap!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Clutch? Nah my bike is automatic.
It "should" have a "Stall Clutch" just like you would find on a chainsaw...

It will be right under the "bell" where the front "pinion" connects to the engine...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts