Pocketbike Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts
hey bro i have a 36v controler from a RAzorMX500, it is a 30 amp thogh but i do belive it will work for a temp...if you want it i give it to you for 15$, contact me in the next couple hours, i am heading that way today, so maby we can ride, or race.....

do you have any parking lots near you?(clean ones are the best)

Discussion starter · #62 ·
Yeah dude, I have no idea if it would fit. The one on the X9 has 9 connectors, which I couldn't find a replacement for at any pocket bike store. From what I understand, the majority of controllers are not interchangeable. I still gotta see if I can even fit this bike into my car, cuz the police patrol my street like crazy since they're only 3 minutes walking distance from my front door. If it fits, I know of a few places to ride without any issues.

Brendan81103 said:
Yeah dude, I have no idea if it would fit. The one on the X9 has 9 connectors, which I couldn't find a replacement for at any pocket bike store. From what I understand, the majority of controllers are not interchangeable. I still gotta see if I can even fit this bike into my car, cuz the police patrol my street like crazy since they're only 3 minutes walking distance from my front door. If it fits, I know of a few places to ride without any issues.
yes they are..... you just have to tinker around till you get the rear wheel to move with the twist grip, this is all that matters, dont worry about 9 conectors, all you need is to hook up the off wirs for your brakes and the twist grip and batts and motor, all the other ones are for safty, it should just drop in and go with minor mods.....i will bring it on the 4th when i go back over there, oh ya my buddy has a bigas$ oval parking lot around his apartment, i think he lives acouple minutse away from you he has a truck if you want to ever take it there, there are a couple places you have to slow down though, but i did get my bike up to 35mph NoProb in that parking lot....i was at his place till 10pm last night riding the bike.....lol i bet you my H4 driving light is brighter then your lights lol, night riding is crazy fun...

ps....did you hook a volt/ohm meter up to the motor to see if it is bown yet, if you dont have a meter then disconect the motor and put a paper clip in the conector for the motor and try to turn thr motor if thr motor will not move when the paper clip in in the conector but will move when the paper clip is removed the motor is ok....even if the motor turns a litle bit when the paper clip is in it is ok, what you are looking for is a bit of resistance when the wires are crossed.....

Discussion starter · #64 · (Edited)
Yeah, I checked the motor out... no problems. I just opened up the controller a little while ago, and the board is fried right where the blue motor wire connects to the board. You can kinda see it in the pic... Unfortunately, the replacement hasn't even shipped yet!

Since I only had the thing for 5 days before it died, I've only gotten out once at night. I'm dying to get it out there again... at ANY time of day! When you say "H4", do you mean a halogen? I'm really interested in putting halogens in, but none of the stores around here can tell me if they would work until I bring a bulb in to the store.

Anywho, I'm free pretty much all day, so gimme a call when your heading out. If that controller fits, and I can scrounge up a couple bucks, I'll buy it for a temp fix. I was thinking about using my Razor controller for now, but it's only a 24v. If I disconnenct one battery on the X9, to bring it down to 24v, and plug in the Razor 24v controller, would it be cool? Obviously I would lose a lot of speed, but would it atleast work?

Attachments

Brendan81103 said:
BTW, where does your buddy live? That would be pretty sweet to get some riding in without having to go too far!
next to the campus in an apartment, it is a huge lot! not much moving cars too so it is kinda safe in a way.....i will try to head out there as soon as the inlaws leave, like i said to you in the pm the controler is yours for the inconvence, agen srry bro i feel bad that i cant make it out ther, you dont know how bummed out i am right now....

plus i am in some major pain from a infection coused by my RoadRash
i cant even bend my knee without a lot of pain from the swellinhg
it is a good thin i have a doctor that cares about my pain, i love that lol

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Hey man, no worries! Shlt happens... I appreciate the controller, but I can't take that off ya for nothin... I had to bail on you yesterday LOL! Family always has to come first... I know I don't have anything going on over the weekend, so deffinately gimme a call and we'll get out there! If anything changes let me know, I'll be home all day...

Keep an eye on that staph infection.... not to worry you but they can be fatal... I know someone who passed away because of that... good thing you got a good doc!

Brendan81103 said:
BTW, is the campus your talking about UB?
yes they go to UB but they live in tonawanda, yahoo sayz it is six minutes from your place to were they live, so we could walk your bike if we had to but my friend has a truck so i dont think it would too much of a problem for him to pick you up

Discussion starter · #74 ·
Well, the controller still hasn't shipped yet... so it's still a paperweight with lights LOL. I know the controller is shot cuz I took it apart and found a burn in it (earlier post), but I noticed yesterday that there is a second box in there that looks similiar to a controller, but it seems to be just for the lights, signals, and horn. I reconnected everything, just so I would know where everything goes when the replacement comes in. Interesting thing though, now the lights, horn and dash lights barely work, and there's a very slight beep coming from it when I turn the key... I really hope that other box isn't busted now too!

Discussion starter · #76 · (Edited)
Oh boy, not ya got me nervous.... no, I haven't got a meter to take a reading. I can't get a replacement bike either. If this thing is shot, it'll be the LAST bike I buy.

If I remember correctly, the headlights and dash lights are on one connector, and the horn and turn signals are on another (something along those lines anyway). If they were switched, considering they look identicle, and power supply was added, would this cause a problem? I don't see how it would, but I figured I'd ask. Mr Exon (when he was still a memeber) mentioned that the faint beeping would be heard when the controller is shot, so that part seems normal.

Also, do you happen to know what type of box the second one would be? It only wires to the dash, lights, and horn wires, but I don't know what the hell it is if I needed to replace it. I called "electricscooterparts" and they have no clue what it is...

Discussion starter · #77 ·
Here's a quick pic of the 2nd box that sits next to the Speed Controller. There is only one connector, with 3 wires, BLACK, RED, and YELLOW. The BLACK goes to the HORN, the RED goes to the PILOT LAMP, and the YELLOW splits and sends one wire to the HEADLIGHTS, and one wire to the TURN SIGNALS. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?! I'm almost positive that this piece is fine, but in the off chance that it's not, I'm gonna have a real hard time replacing it if I don't know what it is... ANY input here would be great!

PS. Sorry, didn't realize I put the pic up twice!

Attachments

this might help. look at your reset button. if it looks farther out than before this happened, push it back in. this happened when my brother was riding one of our grandmas electric scooters. i pushed it back in, and it worked.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.