Pocketbike Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts
Discussion starter · #83 ·
Well TBone22, unfortunately, I can't answer that for you until the replacement controller shows up. The bike only ran for 5 days, and the first day, it was raining. Because of how heavy the bike is, it does take it a bit to accelerate. It took a little under 1/10 of a mile to reach 22 mph. Without having a chance to ride it in a larger area yet, I haven't been able to find it's top speed. When I get the part, I will let you guys know what the deal is with top speed and how long it takes to reach it.

well i take it your controller hasn't come in yet :confused:.... that stinks such a mean bike and you can't enjoy it.... you still talk to exon... if so give him my e-mail address evpb30mphclub@yahoo.com thank you :)

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Well, fortunately, the company tells me that it will ship out Monday (7/17)... IT'S ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!!! Sorry man, I haven't heard from Exon since he got booted... sucks too, he's got my number and email... If I hear from him, I'll let him know...

Discussion starter · #87 ·
Not sure what happened there with Exon...

GOOD NEWS! MY X9 IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!
I took the advice and dropped a 40amp fuse in the battery line (like there was originally supposed to be) and she's runnin great, except the headlights don't illuminate... the dash says they're on, but I may just need to pop new bulbs in... either way, no biggie. I'm just glad the monster is back on two wheels... THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP, ESPECIALLY YOU APROLDAN!

Brendan81103 said:
dropped a 40amp fuse in the battery line,the headlights don't illuminate... the dash says they're on,
brendan 30 ampfuse not 40.... and for the lights just check your connections just may be loose......glad to hear your running again :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #90 ·
BTW, the diagram in the owners manual shows the fuse in the Negative wire coming out of the battery, so that's where I put it... Did I atleast get that right? LOL Are you sure a 40a fuse is wrong for this controller?

Discussion starter · #96 ·
Sorry for not replying in the past few months... "X18-R" thanks for the input on the vid:) "PBGuy", I managed to get to about 30... "230032", I got it from byxe.com, unfortunately the site is under construction...

Aside from that, how's everyone been doin? Weather is starting to get nice here, so I'm looking into a new controller... yeah... again. Not sure what happened the last time I took it out last year, but she popped again. I think what I may do is get one and ONLY hook up the motor, battery, charger, ignition, and throttle, and forget the other bells and whistles. I did manage to get LED's on it last year... looked friggin sweet! I'll try to get more vids up this season :)

Anywho, hope all is well with you peeps:)

Hello guys just pulled out my x9 again for the summer drives like a charm thinking about doing some up grades this yeat maybe a etek motor and controller, would also love to hear more on the rapid charger you guys spoke on how and what do i need as a 5 hr full charge just kills the multiple rides for a day

Discussion starter · #100 ·
Quick question... I was looking at TNC for a replacement controller, and in the wiring diagram for the one I need, it said "The wire comming from the battery should be fuse protected". I installed a 40a (controller is 36v 40a 1000w) on the Negative line last year, as per the diagram that came with the bike. Would a second 40a fuse in the Positive line fix this reoccuring issue?

81 - 100 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.