Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making an overall thread for my ATV's because the firewall at my work won't allow us to open anything with ATV in the address or title lol

So far I have the gf's quad which is a 110cc Loncin which I have grown very fond of and tend to borrow fairly often lately as mine is still a work in progress. I picked up a 26mm Mikuni that I was going to use on this but after checking out the manifolds at the local shop I decided to go with EPR's recomendation of using the 22mm Mikuni instead, I will also clean up the current manifold once the new carb arrives.

My quad is a 200cc Zongshen that has a clone engine from a 70's Honda bike as far as I know. Still sorting out the wiring on it and so far have gotten it turning over but still haven't gotten spark. I've decided to use the 26mm Mikuni that I ordered for my gf's loncin on this once it's ready.

And finally another Loncin 110 that I haven't gone to pick up yet but am very excited about

I'll try to update as often as I can with pics of any fixes/changes I make and more than likely i'll have a few questions for our pro's on here ;D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and heres a pic of the new garage space i've got to work in, quite the step up from my dining room lol

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Very nice quads ...........They kind of resemble Yamaha Blasters to me in a way...........My Banshee with 421 stroker is my baby but Im looking into getting a Raptor770 thats 3/4 of the way from being fully modded and going supercheap...........Good luck and happy riding on them........

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cam that is one gorgeous piece of machinery!! *is jealous*

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a similar quad to what you are talking about with no spark. Try the obvious - kill switch & ignition switch work right. All components needing grounds are gounded. Coil wiring looks good. S/plug is good & plugged in right. Try unsnapping plugs & reconnecting 1 @ a time. I did find a broken wire inside the insulation just past plug going to stator. You can feel along wiring for a soft spot to find a break - unless it is totally dislodged. A good idea is to Dielectric grease connectors before it sees any water once the repairs are done.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The wiring was all disconnected when I got it and it's missing a few pieces, we've got power all the way to the plug now on a tester, something's still off though as we're not getting spark

·
Registered
156 Posts
nice quads,dosent those 200cc have like 18 hp,also i have two quads of my own to,a 535cc banshee and a blaster

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm actually not to sure what kind of power it puts out I bought it for 100 bucks off a guy who had two of them and had put most of the good parts onto the other one which then got stolen and he had no idea how to get this one going again lol

I would love to own a Banshee one day, I used to always see a pair of them at the gravel pit I rode at as a kid and they always showed me up on my 200 Yamaha ATC haha

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm actually not to sure what kind of power it puts out I bought it for 100 bucks off a guy who had two of them and had put most of the good parts onto the other one which then got stolen and he had no idea how to get this one going again lol

I would love to own a Banshee one day, I used to always see a pair of them at the gravel pit I rode at as a kid and they always showed me up on my 200 Yamaha ATC haha

man you just gotta look out,i found my banshee for 225,somebody stole the banshee and took it apart and the police recovered,it.he got it in pieces and didnt want it no more,the guy didnt know how much banshees was worth any way,so i bought it put it together and then bamm started rite up on secong kick,Then like 3 months later i found the 536cc kit on cl for 300.bought it and put it on and i had a monster.Then i got my dad to make me a chromolly frame,swing arm and ext and a extended step,then i put some custom wheels,the i sent my engine to flotek,the i got my dad to make me a wheelie bar,then i bought a nitrous kit and that was the end,i did no more work.

On my yammy blasty i got that for 25 bucks,guy said the motor was messed up,it just need a piston,i send the motor to flotek and got a 4mill crank in it,porting,bore an a whole lot other stuff.then i just made a custom frame and ect,and now im taking over in dirt drags down here.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
**** that was one hell of a find! It may seem mean but I think it's safe to say I prey on the people on CL that aren't willing to put in the time or effort to fix their ride lol. Although if its a really good deal I always pay the asking price and have actually thrown in some extra money for some of the Yamaha bikes I've picked up.

In the small town I grew up in opportunities like these never came up because most of the people knew what they were doing and always knew the value of what they had >_<

·
Registered
156 Posts
true,a couple weeks ago a guy had a 350 yammy warrior and he sold for 100,just needed a starter,i started to get i but figured he was lien and my dad buddy bought it and replaced the starter and then boom started rite up,it also needed fairings

·
Registered
156 Posts
hahahahahaahhahaha,checking ebay and craigslist everyday really pays off,i also check cities thats 3 hours or less away,i bought a atc250r for 450 running and with the 330 bore

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been checking Craigslist daily for some time now, just waiting for winter when the prices really drop :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I stole the coil off of the 110 today to take my X-Rage 125 out for a ride

Not a bad bike for a knock off, did well for being in the sand even managed a few decent jumps.

Got the new kickstart for my YZ80 aswell, looks a little out of place on the bike but at least I don't have to keep rollstarting it lol

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Cool! I like the Anodized red Kick start, And I bet it is Easier than the old "Bump Starts"

Next, Canada Looks Beautiful! reminds me of where I grew up (Northern California)

And last...

Check out how these Dudes tried to do it! hahaha....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AHAHAHA, I love when people catch stuff like that on video!

I ordered a bunch of stuff for my rides last night, so far i'm getting
-a new voltage regulator for the gf's 110, a 24mm Mikuni carb and 24mm manifold that will actually fit properly.
-a boost bottle and a 19mm Delorto style carb/manifold for the next pocket dirtbike I pick up
-and lastly a carbon style set of plastics for the Lifan pit bike I got today

I also got this Baja bike

I got the Lifan going a few minutes after getting it, just needed a clutch cable and the kill switch wiring cleaned up.

The Baja needs a few more things like new bolts to hold the pipe on and a few other misc nuts and bolts

I traded my Axial scx10 crawler for both bikes

I haven't had a chance to look up much about either of these bikes, busy night at work so far so any info you guys may have i'd be interested to hear it :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts