Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I've been getting out and doing some practice laps with another member from this forum(repobike). I decided to build up a 2stroker x7 49cc bike so that way we could have some racing against each other. Instead of me on my built trackbike x18 and him on his x1/x2.
At first I was gonna just put my x7 together but noooo I started thinking about how fast my first x7 was. It was able to beat a bone stock x18 doing some laps as seen in the video link. So I want this x7 to be just as fast later on down the road. But now I'm gonna try to keep things even.
So far I'm putting on 10" wheels because I will be running slicks in the future. But this is how far I got, I know I'm gonna have to work on the gearing. Though I think I have an idea already.
This is the pipe setup I had on my other x7. I just have it mocked up on this chassis cause I have to redo it to fit this chassis. My other x7 had different motor mounts(long story). The pipe Is not yet complete the exhaust can will be a side mount like on the first x7.
I also used some cateye triple trees so I can use x6/x8 wheels or the x18 wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtFRMqo8t_g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVsXUKPwbtU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Looking great!! :) Will a cateye front end fit on my bike?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it will, it might not be a direct bolt on but nothing difficult.
Oh you will have to make some shims for the upper forklegs. Very very easy to do that's if your only using just the triples from the cateye. If your using the hold frontend then you would have to worry about making shims.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas.... I'm hoping everything works out so I can have it ready to ride next weekend.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's some pics that have been posted on here a few years back of the first X7.

So i'm basically recreating it but with some real nice upgrades.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I wanted an X7 four stroke frame to put my twin 49cc Cag drag engines in, maybe one above the other like CAM2 talked about I believe, alot more room the a Cag frame. Everytime I find a roller, its way to far away,lol.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
I really like the exhaust on that bike.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Do you think you'll be able to go practice on the 18th?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted an X7 four stroke frame to put my twin 49cc Cag drag engines in, maybe one above the other like CAM2 talked about I believe, alot more room the a Cag frame. Everytime I find a roller, its way to far away,lol.
that would be interesting!!!

I really like the exhaust on that bike.
thanks

Do you think you'll be able to go practice on the 18th?
That shouldn't be a problem.I'm still gonna try and make it out this Sunday if I have the bike finished.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
I wont be able to make this sunday. Let me know how the bike runs. :)

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will post up the lowdown.... I don't know what to expect on this one I just hope it isn't to slow.lol Tyen this will mean I will have a whole lot of tinkering to do between the carb and gearing.
I guess though as far as getting a feeling on if it's fast enough will depend on how fast I fall asleep while riding it. Lol I'm hoping to be on equal terms with your blue bike. I know it's gonna be faster through the turns cause I'll be riding on slicks.
If we're equal on the straightaway as far as speed. Then I will run stock tires, if I'm losing out to much on the straights. Then I'll have to make it up in the turns then slicks it will be. Lol
When you get your 110cc bike then I will worry more about power and speed. As my original goal is to make this x7 as fast or faster than my first one.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
On the gearing. I'm still trying to find the front gear for my ctv so I can run that gear you gave me and use a better chain.

Also I hope by the 18th ill my son out with us on his bike. I need a pull start for it and fix the fuel leak on it.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Hows the x7 coming along?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haven't done anything sense these pics. But I'm back on the job today,I've been researching some power adding options just incase the bike is to under powered. Which I'm thinking it's. Gonna be because of the wheels and the carb combo.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Haven't done anything sense these pics. But I'm back on the job today,I've been researching some power adding options just incase the bike is to under powered. Which I'm thinking it's. Gonna be because of the wheels and the carb combo.
I still have that one carb you gave me. Need it?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gonna get crankin on the bike today! Gonna finish up the exhaust and put on a x18 front rim so I can mount up a front slick. Then gotta bleed the front brake and put the gas tank and lines in to fire it up.
The weather is supposed to be great this weekend.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Looking good Swheels........The only thing I can see thats gonna give ya a slight problem runningwise is that floater carb....A few years back when Fritz did that same mod I tried it aswell....I got the bike dialed in at night which was much cooler than the next day when I went for another ride it wasnt running as good as it was the night before...........

A HP pumper carb like a WT813 or HDA185 carb would be alot better of a choice......Keep up the great work and I hope it works out for the best for you......

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Gonna get crankin on the bike today! Gonna finish up the exhaust and put on a x18 front rim so I can mount up a front slick. Then gotta bleed the front brake and put the gas tank and lines in to fire it up.
The weather is supposed to be great this weekend.
The weather in West Columbia, SC is great right now.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.