Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
its a ff cag so what most ppl say about those is to get some loctite and take off the bots around the engine cause they seem to come loose then put some of that stuff on then put the bolts back on...ppl also say the fuel lines leak and the pipe will eventually fall off...so if you get that u might as well get a hp pipe

but thats just what ppl say i dont have 1 so im not exatcy sure

oh yea...there welding sucks but a stock cag can beat a stock blata 2.5!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, that is the new generation Cag, with a removable swingarm. Its a great starter bike for the money. As with all Cags, you will eventually have to do some maintenance, such as replace bearings & loctite loose bolts.
If this your 1st pocketbike I would strongly advise you to go through the entire bike tighten any loose bolts, & thouroughly wash out the fuel tank because of the palstic shavings, I would even go as far as to clean out the carb too. The reason for this is because little pieces of plastic get down in the float & prevent it from working properly either causing it to stick wide open causing fuel leaks or preventing from getting any fuel at all.
Bottom line is, I have to minor wrenching on mine all time but for the money you cant beat it. HAVE FUN & RIDE SAFE!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good

thanks for al the replyies sounds like this is probly the right choice, unless there is somthing faster and better quality for the same price or a little above...

anyways... again will those upgrades that i posted at begining of thread fit on this bike?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Save you $$$!!!! you can get a pretty good pocket bike (The REAL ONES) on ebay or other web sites that sell good used ones. Don't get me wrong, I got a few cags too but lucky for me that I get parts for these cags dirt cheap through my friend that sells it. Even I got them dirt cheap, I still went with a REAL pocket bike. A DM water-cooled 10 hps. No mods in the world can top a DM.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Dude - I don't think a DM would be right bike for a newbie..Cag is perfect beginner's bike - its cheap and parts are cheap...but for the same bike sells $325 at Matrix - you can get one on ebay as low as $200 - $100 plus $100 on shipping so go to Ebay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why???

i really dont understand why some of you pay so freaking much for a pocket bike for just cruzing around. I dont want to spend thousands of dollars just to have some fun. What is so great about the bikes that are in the $1000 inds???!!! once i get this i am going to put some nice upgrades on it that will kick butt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
larrymacg said:
.Cag is perfect beginner's bike - its cheap and parts are cheap....
I disagree this time. If the Cag proves to have the problems that a LOT of them do, then it could discourage him altogether. If more time is spent fixing or "tuning" (rollseyes) it, then most people will lose interest especially if he's not around anyone that has one of the higher end bikes for him to see what a "real" PB is like.

Hell I started out with a Blata 2.5 and although it was slow in stock trim, at least it ALWAYS ran and NEVER had a problem.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Well you need to check yourself and tell me how many cag owners are there in this place.......mob rules....time pack up and get back to the other side of the lake.....bbbye

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cheap China Bikes

Yes, I agree on a newbie that a DM is not right for them, but they can go with a 4.5 air cooled polini motor bike rather than them cheap China bikes that break down on you. The exhaust is usally the first time that goes, so you need to expect to spend more $$$ for that, if not its your carb. After another few hundred dollars, sometimes spent more than that bike, then you might have that cag running for a little while until who knows whatelse breaks down.......

·
Registered
207 Posts
There's got to be at leat 1 Cag owner that hasn't needed to replace the ehxaust or re-weld the body mount or tighten the bots out of the box, right? Maybe? Is all of the Cag's really a piece of poo? Besides it's only $325! That's too cheap to stress out over. Just let them know that, like everything in the world, you pay for quality and they are'nt paying very much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, i am definatly going to upgradethe bike... just slowly, first ill probly get a new carb, fuel lines, tuned pipe, and fuel filter, then probly get into more different stuff.

These are the sights i would get my mods from...
http://store.jbdistributingextrememinis.com/47pepa.html

http://www.adaracing.com/pocketbike/

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, tell me what i would have 2 get for my bike from these to sights to let me have some trouble free riding?? price at this moment doesn't matter, just DONT go overboard.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i think it is a good first bike, if you could afford a italian one then by all means get one, dont matter what size if you get a deal. but the cags are good bikes if you know how to work on them and fix the main problems with them. that way you can see if you like the sport and if you dont you are only out a few hundred bucks as oposed to 1500 or more. people will say that cags are junk, but the truth is that if you just take care of it, it will last long time and also the cag classes, at least out here are huge, stock is 20+ riders per race and mod cag is pushing 20, so there is no shortage competition at the track.

·
Registered
51 Posts
if i had to replace one part, it would be the carb, just because the stock one can be troublesome if you get a unlucky one. but the pipe is a piece of $hit, it will brake, it wont affect your riding much but will be louder. an after market pipe and carb would be the best upgrade and will make the bike more reliable.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I must be one of the luckyones because I never had any problems with my Cag or my pipe - in fact I replaced the stock pipe with a MM64 Polini Pipe and Carbon Reeds and performs better than stock. It don't matter you buy an Italian bike or cheap china bike - depends on person if they know how to fix and maintain a bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
exactly, 80% of the problems that i work on in the shop or little things that the owner should be able to do. the bike is very simple

1 - 20 of 27 Posts