Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a mini harley bike, and another one that looks like an x1? idk but its pretty bigger and i can maybe load a pic or two. ok so the carbs seem to be the same as the cateyes, so ill just call them cateyes. i bought the carb off of ebay for 13 bucks and there the same exact ones that were on the bike origionally. so heres the problem

when i run the harley, the bulb gets super hard and wont squeeze and it shouldnt be that hard, lots of bubbles and stuff come, same with the x1. idk why!! it take starting fluid and alot of pulls to start either one and theyh wont stay idling! they run top speed tho, they run fast when there going. i just dont get it, two new carbs and this happens? i heard it can be vacuum seal but idk. i rebuild the carbs, (new ones) like *** man! NEW CARBS! and i checked to see if everything was clear, like realining the gaskets on the carb and manifold, i need help cuz im trying to sell these things!!

oh god bless the person who helps me!!

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Make sure your fuel is good,,fresh and mixed right,,,,,make sure your plugs are gapped to .030",,make sure the intank fuel clunker is clean and clear,make sure the fuellines are on right,black line goes on the larger ribbed nipple and clear line on the smooth nipple,,make sure the tiny hole in the gaskets lines up with the intake and the engine block..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8gbRpZ-vrA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
me too man! thanks! theres a screw inside a screw? confusing but worked! ok now look, i went to go pull start my other one today after tuning it yesterday and having it run, and now it wont start! like i go to squeeZe the primer bulb and its hard as heck and its brand new. like its hard to squeeze and it feels like gas isnt flowing threw it easy, there also brand new gas lines and cleaned tank. what should i do?

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
I doubt a little tunning caused that.. Sounds like the return line is cloged or something.. Maybe that primer valve is cloged?! the thing under the bulb.. I'd take the carb apart spary every hole with carb cleaner and cross my fingers.. You might need a rebuild kit for the thing if you are not careful.

Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well its new lines and new just like 3 week old gas and oil mix with a new carb, could it really be that bad? i took apart the carb a couple days ago cuz i was doing that, but now its doing it again. and which line is the return?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Look in the tank hole, which line just dumps gas back in to the tank, that's your return line.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
me too man! thanks! theres a screw inside a screw? confusing but worked! ok now look, i went to go pull start my other one today after tuning it yesterday and having it run, and now it wont start! like i go to squeeZe the primer bulb and its hard as heck and its brand new. like its hard to squeeze and it feels like gas isnt flowing threw it easy, there also brand new gas lines and cleaned tank. what should i do?
Sounds like the return channel or oneway check valve is clogged...remove the primer plate and bulb and remove the plastic diaphragm housing,,look at the gasket theres a small hole on the lower flat,,make sure that hole is clean and clear..if so the orange one-way check valve on the primer side is clogged.......Dont stick a pin in the check valve or youll ruin it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts