Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Skip the Ebay ad & go right to the dealer's site,Big Motor Sport. > Home

You will save yourself a couple bucks,I have bought a few things from them.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I have 3 of them, they are 14mm, and they work okay, and are real simple, main jet, idle adjustment. there is one on my avatar bike right now.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
There both good deals, The Dell is a very simple 14mm carb, Main jet thats it, that carb is on my avatar bike, now. It had the walbro style carb, but had a problem so i changed till i could fix it. With the 16mm walbro rep carb have to add a return line back to the gas tank. In my Lucky 7 avatar photo, I ran the return line back thru my vented gas cap I modded, or you will need a 2 line gas kit and drill a hole in your gas tank.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
There both good deals, The Dell is a very simple 14mm carb, Main jet thats it, that carb is on my avatar bike, now. It had the walbro style carb, but had a problem so i changed till i could fix it. With the 16mm walbro rep carb have to add a return line back to the gas tank. In my Lucky 7 avatar photo, I ran the return line back thru my vented gas cap I modded, or you will need a 2 line gas kit and drill a hole in your gas tank.
If you know where to look you can get gastanks for cags made for the Zenoah engines pretty cheap..............

Jaloos came up with a great idea to the return line problem that seems to work out good for him.............

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You can get a gas line kit for $5.95 at PB Parts, under X7 I believe, it has the two lines one with a screen & a return, w/ rubber grommet for the tank hole, I bought 3 on an order before.

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
For a return I used a wire grommet.

I picked a grommet the fuel line fit in snug, drilled the hole near the top to suit and used seal all on the line before I stuck it in about an inch and sealed around it with more seal all. Give the plastic a good scuffing with sandpaper and clean with acetone around the glue area before you glue and your set.

For the feed line I still use the 1/4 inch hose from tank to filter to shut off then reduce the size to run to the carb.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You use Acetone too, I use that or MEK to clean, engine alum -to paint off.

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
You use Acetone too, I use that or MEK to clean, engine alum -to paint off.
Seal All is an acetone based adhesive similar to contact cement and the acetone will not interfere with the bond if there is any residue.

MEK is a great cleaner and a very universal thinner. It is a very hot thinner meaning it evaporates very rapidly and when mixed with the right paints, usually epoxies will speed up the cure time considerably. It can also be used to weld polycarbonate and lexan together when done right. MEK can also be used to rapid cure fiberglass resins but be careful how much you use as a few DROPS goes a long way with fiberglass resin.

For thinning normal paints and getting faster dry times use toluene, it mixes with most oil based paints and greatly speeds up dry times. It also works well as an octane booster but on a 2 stroke will work hard at stripping down internal oil deposits.

All are very toxic, esp the MEK and should be used in a well ventilated areas preferably outdoors with respirators if possible. I have used tons of the stuff in my job, industrial painting where the bulk of the coatings are 2 and 3 part epoxies.

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
I ordered a 2of the walbro carb kits over 3 months ago. Was told they were on back order and they would let me know when they had more. I still havent heard back from them. With cutomer service like that, I'll find some where else to spend my $. I'd hate to see what would happen if there was something wrong with the order. I'd rather pay more and get good customer service!

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
I ordered a 2of the walbro carb kits over 3 months ago. Was told they were on back order and they would let me know when they had more. I still havent heard back from them. With cutomer service like that, I'll find some where else to spend my $. I'd hate to see what would happen if there was something wrong with the order. I'd rather pay more and get good customer service!
Thats odd Big Motor Sport has always had great customer service for me. They are the only ones I know with live customer service chat.

When 1 of my walbros in the kit failed they replaced it without asking any questions or me sending anything back. Although they were out of the walbros they did send me the 19mm del rep kit in its place.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
One time I got a gross burger from the local In 'n' Out! but I told them about it (nicely) and tried again, and man oh man, those burgers are sooo tasty!

I've never bought from this store, just trying to say, sometimes things go wrong, and you can not always please everyone all the time.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck John.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts

The cheapest kit Ive found other than them isnt any treat for the cash spent from the guy I got my 2 kits from..............I found another guy selling them for 49.00 shipped and I ordered 2 to see how the quality of those kits are...........Only thing that sux is they dont have airfilters.......

No worries Nick. I found rebuild kits for $8 a piece. Saved myself $100. Lol. His loss is my gain.

Sometimes the best and easiest way to go if you have the carbs already..........Nice Job

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
The only problem with going to lawn mower shops is, they dont like to sell me parts. They know its for my motorized bike, or my pocket bikes. Lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts