Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my cateyes earlier and i noticed the throttle woundnt accelerate the bike.... with further inspection i realized the throttle cable snapped. Question, where can i get a new one... Do the throttles on these sites come with the cable? If not where can i get one? (heh ive said that Q 3 times:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, i didnt look hard enough for it... :p. Still would like to know if the throttle comes w/ the cable.

·
Registered
866 Posts
if the throttle grip comes with a cable?

most of the pics i see r just the throttle part, no cable... then i see a cable seperate, so im guessing they dont...

u should call the site ur looking at, and ask them, cuz i need a new cable only... not the throttle...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the part thats also broken on my throttle is part of the bable so im good to go. Thanks DR!!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
does ne1 kno a way to add that little ball thing back on to the end of the cable?

thats the only problem with mine, so i dont want to spen 15 bux to get a new 1

or does ne1 kno how else to solve it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you could get a really neat weld it should work. Or weld it back on however and dremel the excess solder away. Just a thought, no idea if it will work

·
Registered
866 Posts
yea, i thought about the solder, but i dont kno if it would hold up...

theres really alotta pressure on that point, so i need it to stay real good..

·
Registered
866 Posts
shyt!!

i jsut got a new idea...

my brake line would work, there exactly the same, except for the end part were it goes to the handle...

ima try it out

·
Registered
866 Posts
ok for now i just rigged it up to my front brake

no front brake, till i get a new cable...
it was easy... all i did was take off the front brake line from the handle
take out the throttle cable from the grip thing
and put it in the brake handle
its the same thing...

but now i have no front brake

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to a fishing shop and got a small metal sleeve that was a half an inch long that just barley slipped over a bike brake cable but fits in the slott on the top of the carb push it in half way into the slott and then vice grip the half sticking out to smash it flat dont forget to lube your cable housing mine has no play at all and is at full trottle at a 1\4 turn the sleeves are like 20 for a buck use a size 3 or 4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts