Pocketbike Forum banner

throttle hook-up/battery size??

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dazarooney 
#1 ·
i just got a ninja ultra x-8 pics to come.. i need a diagram of some sort explaining how to install throttle cable to carb, not-so mechanically inclined... also which battery do i need for it... i cant seem to find the cables that attach to the batt. cause i have old scooter batteries i would hook up just so i can see the lights turn on please somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 · (Edited)
The cable goes through the throttle wire (throttle insulation), and then there should be a cap that attaches to the wire, and the cap has threads on it. You slide the silver cable through the cap. After that place the golden needle inside the black cylinder/barrel and make sure the c-clip is on the #3 slot towards the bottle of the needle. Once you have done that you will take the spring and place it in the middle of the cap attached to the throttle wire. Then compress the spring with your finger while you pull the cable through it. While doing that take the black cylinder/barrel and put the cable into the long hole on the side of the black barrel and let it fall into place. Try to do this quickly because it is not easy to compress the spring that long. Then you simply just slide the barrel into the top of the carburetor (Make sure the short hole on the barrel goes on the idle screw side, and make sure the long hole goes on the other side.) Otherwise you will most like be in mid to full throttle if you place it inside the carburetor backwards. Basically the bike will take off without you controlling it.

You need a 12v 7AH battery, which you can purchase on eBay pretty cheap. -- I would suppose that the positive wire is red and the negative wire is black. They are both single wires, I am pretty sure, but you might want to consult someone else on electrical wiring I am not the greatest with that :p

#3 ·
I hate putting that spring and cable back on the carb piston. All that stuff has happened to me already, the backward piston thing scared the................... out of me, The bike was out of control I had it up in the air till I could get to the kill switch with my other hand, Not Good.

#5 ·
you guys are lucky
you might wanna check your work before it checks you
at least before you ride it, then if it happens well hey you tried

#6 ·
Yeah I agree it could have been a lot worse!

Just remember whenever you work on something on your bike, and its time to test it out and start it up. Don't sit on the bike when you start it up JUST IN CASE. Better you destroy something else than yourself. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
i hate to be the poo poo safety man but the only time i really got hurt was when i was being a dumazz, the track incidents are sorta expected so i dont count those
and ive done the walk of shame pushing my bike home many times but never got hurt

#9 ·
my counter sprocket came off one time on the 18 and it blew a hole in the cover there, lucky my ankle didnt get hit
it was loud, louder than when the headgasket blew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.