Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am new to the pocket bike community I just got a 50cc pocket bike off OfferUp and need some help. The bike will start sometimes but it struggles to keep idle, it has no gears and it will randomly start moving but not long after shut off. I adjust the choke to try and fix the rough idle but it shuts off and I try to tighten or loosen the throttle cable but to no avail. When it starts I feel it the throttle goes from a neutral zone and moves back thus moving the bike Any advice would be helpful I just want to fix this issue. I feel like it isn’t getting enough gas but I know next to nothing about this stuff.(PS it jumps out of it neutral spot and into the friction zone to start moving)

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
I would check your clutch, just to make sure it's not falling apart, but I'm pretty sure its a carburetor issue. Idle is too high, thats the engagement, but sounds like it needs a cleaning. Also check the gaskets at the intake, make sure there is no leaks. Easiest way as well it is running, spray some brake cleaner around the intake and see if the RPMs go up.
Have the rear tire off the ground.

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
First take the chain off it's probably going to need the carburetor and clutch replaced you can search eBay and Amazon for the parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts