Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey it's back! niiiiiiice!
Time to change my tires and it's a pain to change those tires!! does anyone have any tips for it?? any magic tricks?? I've checked out the instructions on minimotogarage.com but still too hard! I can manage but need some easier ways!!

As for tires does everyone use the stock tires??any place cheap??
how about PMT racing tires?? any feed back?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
814 Posts
i switched from cag slicks to PMT T40s and it's night and day difference. The bike handles really good now. Doesn't want to slide out. I used minimotogarage.com info on the tire change. Use soapy water and don't use a flat head screw driver, go get some tire irons for $5.

·
Registered
814 Posts
i got mines for a really good deal, new are bout 65-70 each. I hear the savas are REALLY sticky too and they are a few bucks cheaper. Next time i buy tires, I'll prolly try some savas

·
Registered
814 Posts
cag slicks are harder then B compunds which is considered to be the hard coumpund for the Euro bikes. Most euros even come with B's

Cag slicks = hardest
B compound = hard
T40 = medium
T41= soft
R = super soft.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just make sure to set the bead on the tires. Odds are to set the bead, you will need alot more PSI then what is recommended that you keep in them. My motorcycle tires took somewhere around 70PSI to set when they are ridden on only 38 PSI.

·
Registered
814 Posts
i used a tie down rachet around the tire to prevent it from expanding up so it expands out to seal the bead.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go lift some weights and rip the tire off with your bare hand. Actually I had my brother help me by holding it down and try pushing it down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts