Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Be careful with a smaller sprocket, if you dont have the mods to power the bike its not going to help much. If you dont have enough power to reach the high rpms the sprocket will just lower acceleration.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sesshoumaru562 said:
Be careful with a smaller sprocket, if you dont have the mods to power the bike its not going to help much. If you dont have enough power to reach the high rpms the sprocket will just lower acceleration.
have you seen the mods i have. are they sufficiant i have them up what do you think, or are you just running your mouth.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
those mods don't seem they will give enough power with a top end sprocket. i would get a pipe and that rocket key on first before altering your gearing. otherwise you'll be at WOT and barely move on level ground.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think you will be dissapointed with the 25 t sprocket. I does haul *** when it gets up there, but it takes forever to get it up to speed and the low end is like a dog. ..and yes I have a lot of work in my motor. I think a 30 t sprocket would be better. It's just enough to give you a little more top end and not lose a lot of bottom. Oh yeah, just a hint, keep in mind that a lot of x-2's have smaller chains so they have different sprockets. The 25t and 36t sprockets are for bikes that have a 1/2" chain. am as a bicycle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Come on, any bike can get top end speed with a 25 tooth sprocket it will just take longer. If you a have a carb and a pipe you'll be fine. Port and polish your motor and it will blow cags away. Use high octane gas with a safe 36:1 ratio oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello just my 2 cents worth but even with the mods you have a 25 tooth sprocket you had better have some high rpms an then you will be taking off like you were riding a scooter (kicking off with your feet) change to a bigger front sprocket 1 or 2 teeth bigger will get you in the direction you looking for. i have a program that will calulate speed you enter your front sprocket size an rear sprocket size the rpm of the motor an the tire size an it will tell you what your speed will be before you ride the bike providing you have the power to pull the bike to start with.
just my 2 cents worth.
Ricks Pocket Rockets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
RikkiRocket said:
hello just my 2 cents worth but even with the mods you have a 25 tooth sprocket you had better have some high rpms an then you will be taking off like you were riding a scooter (kicking off with your feet) change to a bigger front sprocket 1 or 2 teeth bigger will get you in the direction you looking for. i have a program that will calulate speed you enter your front sprocket size an rear sprocket size the rpm of the motor an the tire size an it will tell you what your speed will be before you ride the bike providing you have the power to pull the bike to start with.
just my 2 cents worth.
Ricks Pocket Rockets.
Most of what you guys on here is pretty much not MAKING SENSE. So if you ever come out to California I will show you what a real setup is for a bike. I'll race you for my bike. I'll even put my pinkslip for my car up. blah blah blah is what i hear.

·
Registered
541 Posts
turn-n-low said:
Most of what you guys on here is pretty much not MAKING SENSE. So if you ever come out to California I will show you what a real setup is for a bike. I'll race you for my bike. I'll even put my pinkslip for my car up. blah blah blah is what i hear.
Where in california?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a pbu top end sprocket, i dont remember how many teeth it has.
it broke my motor mounts off about 100 ft after i installed it. $15 shipped
pm me. its four bolt for the cateye.

·
Registered
80 Posts
turn-n-low said:
I'll race you. Where are you at. I'm in L.A.

·
Registered
80 Posts
sesshoumaru562 said:
Hey Willy I'm also in the LA area where do you often ride at? Track only or Lots?
I ride whereever we can. On Saturdays there's uaully a big meeting night somewhere around the south bay area...usually in torrance or el segundo. It changes every week but there is usually a lot of people that show up. It's a lot of fun. We practice on some weekdays at a parking lot in carson, usually Thursdays..and I race at Rialto. There's also a big race in San Diego Labor Day weekend that we're gonna go down to. WHat part of L.A. are you in? We should hook up and ride. EMail me and I'll give you my number.

·
Registered
110 Posts
probably in a parking lot to start, the race tracks are for more experienced and older people if your son is ready for that, but you cant go wrong with an empty parking lot even though i rode my first pocket bike in the street and go the cops called on:mad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts