Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is going to be asked sooner or later so i figuered why not. Lrts have everyone's top speed & their mods to reach that speed.

Cateye:
Top Speed:38 accurate mph (way over 60 on stock speedo, maybe some tuning can bring me to the 40 mark)
Rocket Key
Vstack/Filter
Wt 603 carb
Metal intake adaptor
Tuned pipe
Port & Polished head
Running 50:1 Neo Synthetic Oil
High RPM engagement clutch
Lighten Flywheel

Other mods:
DNM DV-28 rear shock
Relocated footpegs

·
Registered
336 Posts
FF Removable Swingarm Cag ... Completely Stock ... 27.3mph ... I weigh 100lbs ... getting parts this week probobly tomorrow ...

·
Registered
866 Posts
X3/Cateyes:
top speed: 31.5mph on a schwinn speedo
Jetmoto/ebay pipe
Jetmoto/ebay vstack
Jetmoto/ebay filter
no electricals
no battery

running 32:1 91 octane and red line 2 stroke oil
14 yrs old 160 lbs

·
Registered
27 Posts
sesshoumaru562 said:
Hey this is going to be asked sooner or later so i figuered why not. Lrts have everyone's top speed & their mods to reach that speed.

Cateye:
Top Speed:38 accurate mph (way over 60 on stock speedo, maybe some tuning can bring me to the 40 mark)
Rocket Key
Vstack/Filter
Wt 603 carb
Metal intake adaptor
Tuned pipe
Port & Polished head
Lighten Flywheel

Other mods:
DNM DV-28 rear shock
Relocated footpegs
You have to be kidding me right. You have the cateyes with the speedometer that has 60. you claim in your mods section that you can do 38 mph. hahah were you going downhill with a 50 mph wind behind your back. Sorry pal, not possible on a cateye unless you have a motor 5hp and more. And I dont see that posted on your list of mods so not possible. I really hate LIARS!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
turn-n-low said:
You have to be kidding me right. You have the cateyes with the speedometer that has 60. you claim in your mods section that you can do 38 mph. hahah were you going downhill with a 50 mph wind behind your back. Sorry pal, not possible on a cateye unless you have a motor 5hp and more. And I dont see that posted on your list of mods so not possible. I really hate LIARS!!
with his mods it's very realistic. let's recap.

Rocket Key - easily adds 2-3mph
Vstack/Filter - maybe 1mph, not more than 2
Wt 603 carb - definitely 3-5mph with some hardcore tuning
Metal intake adaptor - no real gains here
Tuned pipe - at least 4mph
Port & Polished head -3-5mph gains here

when you add that together, from lets say stock top speed is about 25mph on level ground for average weight. i was hitting 25mph going uphill with my friend behind me after tuning the bike. soo, these mods he has will add anywhere between 13-16mph average, which is just around 38mph.

and these are REALISTIC mph gains, not bs 10-15mph for a tuned pipe. btw, did i mention i really hate people like you?

·
Registered
180 Posts
BoostedBoogie said:
with his mods it's very realistic. let's recap.

Rocket Key - easily adds 2-3mph
Vstack/Filter - maybe 1mph, not more than 2
Wt 603 carb - definitely 3-5mph with some hardcore tuning
Metal intake adaptor - no real gains here
Tuned pipe - at least 4mph
Port & Polished head -3-5mph gains here

when you add that together, from lets say stock top speed is about 25mph on level ground for average weight. i was hitting 25mph going uphill with my friend behind me after tuning the bike. soo, these mods he has will add anywhere between 13-16mph average, which is just around 38mph.

and these are REALISTIC mph gains, not bs 10-15mph for a tuned pipe. btw, did i mention i really hate people like you?
Just one question??? did you do each one of those mods and then do a speed run with a radar gun,, or are you just estimating. your estimations sound a little inflated. I put a rocket key on my cag, and it wasn't a huge change. in fact it was barely noticeable. I did a crap load of mods to my cag. race piston, pipe, carb, airfilter, ported head, 8 tooth front sprocket. The one thing that gained the most speed was the sprocket. it takes forever for the bike to get to speed it only goes 35mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Were can I buy a High RPM engagement clutch, minis about to go.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your pretty much forgetting the basics of these motors, its not hp that makes top speed its RPM. HP gets you there faster but doesnt change your top speed.

Metal intake adaptor (& exhaust flange) is also port matched (does more for accel then top speed). So it does provide a gain. Before the hack I posted lots of pics of the work done to my motor. And no its not anywhere near a stock motor. And no i'm not making alot of power but my power to weight ratio its enough to get me to 38. For all the guys who knoe me in real life they know how fast I really go.

Turn-n-low, if your in socal and willing to put a wager on it I'm more then happy to prove you wrong. Its doesnt matter if you belive me or not, its not really important. But if your so sure of it a wager would be nice on your part.

In the end everyone here is trying to have fun. If a person is lying about their speed their only hurting themselves in a race.

·
Registered
37 Posts
38.5 mph on gps

tunned pipe
hp pumper carb
velocity stack
port mathced intake/exhaust
decked cylinder

still need to install rocket key and lighten flywheel

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
TeamMacDaddy said:
Just one question??? did you do each one of those mods and then do a speed run with a radar gun,, or are you just estimating. your estimations sound a little inflated. I put a rocket key on my cag, and it wasn't a huge change. in fact it was barely noticeable. I did a crap load of mods to my cag. race piston, pipe, carb, airfilter, ported head, 8 tooth front sprocket. The one thing that gained the most speed was the sprocket. it takes forever for the bike to get to speed it only goes 35mph.
with the mph i listed, like if i listed 1-3, i gained 2mph from the mod which is confirmed by my brother following me in my car. so all the mods i listed i did record the gains.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Getting your speed from a car driving beside you is one of the least accurate ways to get a speed ... he may have been going 2mph faster but just didn't know it ... 2 mph would take a while for him to pass you up so you'd barely even notice it ...

·
Registered
325 Posts
sesshoumaru562 said:

Cateye:
Rocket Key
Vstack/Filter
Wt 603 carb
Metal intake adaptor
Tuned pipe
Port & Polished head
Lighten Flywheel

Other mods:
DNM DV-28 rear shock
Relocated footpegs
were do i get a lightened flywheel and high rpm engagment clutch. im in the middle of installing the rocket key, thinking of doing this too while it is all apart.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
the lightened flywheel you'll have to do yourself.

and my brother has done this in two seperate cars, both same results with cruise control. he just increased cruise control until we paced side by side. i know it's stupid to do on the street, but i had to know what speeds i was hitting.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was racing my son and we did 5 laps. Each lap took around 4.5 mins. When I was almost to the start line on my 4th lap he past me and stoped. He finished more than a lap ahaed of me. I was on a 47cc Goped and he past by me like I was standing still.

He was doing at least 15 MPH faster that me in a full tuck position and my speedo said 39 mph. His X-2 is Fully stock and I could hear him at the top of the power band.
He is 8 years old and 71 Lbs.

Man I was sooooooo scared to see him going that fast.
Just thought it would interest you. (Hmmm what if I weighed 70lbs...LOL)

1 - 20 of 414 Posts