Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys i was wondering whats the top speed on the bikes that you own, just write down the upgrades or mods and then top speed.
25mph on my x2
it has performance fatty pipe,rocket key,
cone air intake and for mods i took apart the electric start and left the box

32mph on my cag
ported carb,cone air filter and 60tooth rear sprocket

hope am not that far of from you guys :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
41mph wow thats impressive i honestly cant get my x2 to hit over 28mph, do you remember how you tuned your carburetor or what you do to it and for rychraycer if you have a smartphone download an app called ulysse speedometer , its extremely accurate and it records top speed ,.p.s i have tested the app on my car and when my speedometer says 27 my.phone also said 27 :) hope it works for you

·
Premium Member
6,207 Posts
49cc X2 45 mph
Fatty pipe
hp-air filter & V-stack
16.5 walbro 448 purge carb
PBU Headstrong 2-piece headed kit race ported
reed conversion box and porting for it
pressurized fuel system
Tuned CVT
lightened and balanced aluminum clutch with a heavy spring
X-6 4-stroke front forks
17/44 gearing

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
49cc X2 45 mph
Fatty pipe
hp-air filter & V-stack
pressurized fuel system
Tuned CVT
X-6 4-stroke front forks
17/44 gearing
tuned cvt??? how do you tune a cvt transmission

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
49cc X2 45 mph
Fatty pipe
hp-air filter & V-stack
pressurized fuel system
Tuned CVT
X-6 4-stroke front forks
17/44 gearing
forgot to say congrats thats a fast bike you got. fastest bike so far :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
2004 MT-A2 mini full fairing pocket bike-34mph
•Jet-Pro pipe
•widend and 1mm raised exhaust port with single added boost port, cut big bore piston skirt instead of window hole for boost port transfer (early stage guinea pig mod done in 2004)
•v-stack with 2"K&N style filter
•7/68 gears/sprockets
Everything else standard/stock

·
Premium Member
6,207 Posts
tuned cvt??? how do you tune a cvt transmission
You tune the CVT by Changing the variator weights to fit your RPM's ranges. Along with smoothing out the ridges that the variator plate rides on and changing the plastic sleeves that ride on them so it move freely with out hanging up. Plus you can shorten the sleeve the variator rides on.

Thanks that bike won about 60% of the races it was in over 4 years of racing it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2004 MT-A2 mini full fairing pocket bike-34mph
•Jet-Pro pipe
•widend and 1mm raised exhaust port with single added boost port, cut big bore piston skirt instead of window hole for boost port transfer (early stage guinea pig mod done in 2004)
•v-stack with 2"K&N style filter
•7/68 gears/sprockets
Everything else standard/stock
Wow thats alot of mods , i have the same cag as you and its almost stock all it has its a 60tooth rear sprocket and it hit 32, so imagine your bike with a 60rear sprocket you will be around 39 or 40mph :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You tune the CVT by Changing the variator weights to fit your RPM's ranges. Along with smoothing out the ridges that the variator plate rides on and changing the plastic sleeves that ride on them so it move freely with out hanging up. Plus you can shorten the sleeve the variator rides on.

Thanks that bike won about 60% of the races it was in over 4 years of racing it.
Ooo dint know that helped with speed ,thxs for the tip ill be trying that soon

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have to get a new spark plug (NGK) since it's still on the old china plug still and recheck the coil gap. then I'll try it again. There is something wrong with how it runs cause it gets slower when it gets hot like 31mph. Feels like a little surging when it's topped out. I hope it's just an ignition thing. I'll play with gears after I can get it to run clean.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to get a new spark plug (NGK) since it's still on the old china plug still and recheck the coil gap. then I'll try it again. There is something wrong with how it runs cause it gets slower when it gets hot like 31mph. Feels like a little surging when it's topped out. I hope it's just an ignition thing. I'll play with gears after I can get it to run clean.
Just a tip try to use fuel with 97octane ,it works best with these engines, i had a similar problem but it was just the fuel i was using ,once i changed fuel it worked perfectly :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just a tip try to use fuel with 97octane ,it works best with these engines, i had a similar problem but it was just the fuel i was using ,once i changed fuel it worked perfectly :)
I'm on Pump 100 octane from our local Rebel Oil Co. @ 32:1 premix with Blendzall castor oil.:thumbsup: So I want to make sure the ignition is right on. If that's all good then I can Order some jets and try to Fatten them up a little. it does also feel kinda like a lean surge. I'm bringing my laser temp.gauge to check head temperatures when I get home today.

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
My 5 port 1pc head cag has some mods,6 port windowed piston,lightened piston,,polished piston,blueprinted bottomend,,polished crank bearings,,polished rodend journal,,polished piston pin,,polished crankseal areas,,modded ring grooves,raised and widened exhaust port,,widened transfer port with slight raising,,lightened flywheel,,rocket key,,hp plug wire,,NGK racing plug,,Walbro WT813 carb thats modded,,3" UNI foam airfilter,,composite reeds w/tin reed finger mod,,modded reedplate/modded reedstopper,,modded and lightened clutch,,dual chambered rev pipe exhaust mod 7/68 gearing ..........37.2mph on juiced-up 93 octane mixed with Maxxim 927 juiced-up on 3 ounces of 108 outlaw octane booster and 2 ounces of lead substitute per gallon.........

My Evil Wap cag has a 43cc 2pc 15:1 alky cylinder I super power ported and added a 3rd port to the cylinder aswell as a 5 windowed,,modded ,, lightened and polished piston,,fully blueprinted engine,,full circle crank,,ADA 4 petal reedblock,,Walbro WT813 carb thats modded,,UNI 3" airfilter,,2 shoe adjustable racing clutch,,Homemodded fatty-rev pipe.......Its geared for some serious track racing with a 6/68 gearing but it tops out at 38.7mph now and has some pretty wicked and scarey power enough to pull lower ratio gearing but thats the fun of having so many cags......They can all be geared differently to suit the need for speed at the moment......

My Green Monster Energy X1 has a 2pc headchop with some mods,,2 shoe hp cag modded clutch,lightened flywheel,,rocket key,fatty exhaust,,modded stock carb,ported intake,,boost bottle,homemade velocity stack airfilter and on 12/25 gearing its hitting 43mph

My Black Magic cag has extensive engine work like the 2011 cag but has a 3 port cylinder,,Full Circle Crank,,ADA 4 petal reedblock and modded JetPro exhaust....... 46mph on 7/55 gearing but it is strong as heck in the bottomend..Strong enough to pull 8/55 or even 7/47

My old 5 port 2 pc head cag w/del rep 19mm carb had a stock modded exhaust,,lightened flywheel,,rocket key,,full circle crank,,modded and lightened clutch,,reedplate/reedstopper mods,,composite reeds w/tin finger mod..........49.8mph on 7/47 gearing

My Minitrike of Death has a Techumseh TC300 3hp 2 stroker engine thats modded wickedly enough to push 8hp and get the trike to 50.6mph

My twin engined Mini Harley has twin 43cc engines with some basic mods..On 17/32 gearing its hitting 52.2mph.......After the repowering/remodeling/regearing Im looking to see speeds faster than 60...

My Homemade R/C Buggy that was formerly 35cc and 32mph now has a 1pc headed 49cc that I pulled from the stand-up scooter w/CVT when it went 49mph...After a lil more porting and other mods its propelling the 37lb buggy to 53mph which is just as fast as my 29cc Fuellie engined HPI 5B that has some mods aswell.........LOL

My stand-up scooter has a 49cc piston ported engine with 2pc headchop,,full circle crank modded with longer rod and extensive mods done to the rest of the engine,stock modded carb/intake and boost bottle,,cag 3 shoe hp modded/lightened clutch, and CVT transmission...Its got 18/32 gearing and hits 56mph...Its strong enough to pull a 18/25 gearing to see 60+mph..

My old Blata 2.5 was my fastest pocketbike....70+mph with a 70cc twin carbbed methanol huffing racekart engine til the neck snapped off the frame which ended up with me snapping my neck in 2 places...

Same engine before putting in the Blata 2.5 it was installed in a schwinn stingray bicycle that did faster than 90mph until the spokes couldnt handle the strain collapsing the rear rim/tire.........

I had and have way more bikes and could be typing here for hours but you get the idea..............:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.