1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you want more low end the first things to get for you Mid would be
rear sproket (32 tooth X-1 sprocket )
Carb Walbro (wt-603) which can be obtain at any lawmorshop for around 45$
X-can louder than stock but produces more bottom end than stock.
Boost bottle.
if you want more top end
turn key
Rear sproket (25 tooth X-1 Sprocket )
Tuned pipe (please don't buy the Ebay pipes for 50$)
Proline pipe is my choise (again my choice)
air filter and velocity stack

a good tuned bike will have a mixture of both if not all of this mods dones
a recomended sequense of what to buy first would be
Airfilter and stack
Key
Pipe
Carb
and what ever else you can afort

again correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
So what is a stock sprocket for the X1?.....my catz use 44 teeth for stock.
I have ordered a 65 tooth to try some wheelies..........The same place has an 80 tooth..........so if the 65 won't do it ....surely an 80 would.

·
Registered
866 Posts
backwoodz

whered u get the sprocket from?

and thanks for helpin me fix my bike!! it runs great, if not better than b4!!:D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hey glad you got that scooter back running........
as for ...............whered u get the sprocket from?
I ordered it from a scooter store in Tennessee......
It should be here by Thurs........when it and the chain arrive I will post the link I found.......I do not want to give out wrong info just incase something is wrong
The guy assured me it would fit......but I will let you know in a couple days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
gezzz---80 t wow that thing is probably as bis as the wheel!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My X1 has 44 tooth what size should I get now. Don't want to kill top end totaly....
trademark said:
X-can louder than stock but produces more bottom end than stock.
Boost bottle.
if you want more top end
turn key
Rear sproket (25 tooth X-1 Sprocket )
Tuned pipe (please don't buy the Ebay pipes for 50$)
Proline pipe is my choise (again my choice)
air filter and velocity stack

a good tuned bike will have a mixture of both if not all of this mods dones
a recomended sequense of what to buy first would be
Airfilter and stack
Key
Pipe
Carb
and what ever else you can afort

again correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I received the 65 tooth sproket and chain today......bad news it uses a size 25 chain.......too small for the pocket bikes....
I have emailed the guy to let him know and try to get credit of swap it for something else.

Does anyone know where to find larger rear gears for these bikes?
I want atleast a 65...........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just so ya know toqure wins races and hp sells these engines and bikes. If you dont know what toqre is then go to Howstuffworks.com You learn alot form there.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
None of those places has a sproket larger than a 52 tooth.....
I can not believe that is our only choice. :(

And Blue......I doubt a 13 year old has a clue what torque is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Blue said:
Just so ya know toqure wins races and hp sells these engines and bikes. If you dont know what toqre is then go to Howstuffworks.com You learn alot form there.
Torque wins races huh? Maybe you can explain that to me. I thought Horsepower was a function of torque. Horsepower is how much work can be done OVER TIME. Torque is how much force can be applied at once. (all to my limited knowledge)

Now in a race i would think it would be more important to which bike can do more work over a given amount of time rather then in one instant.

I have no idea what kind of torque these little buggers make, but i know my car makes A LOT more torque then my friends s2000 and know what? for the first 60 feet we are neck and neck and then he walks ALL over me. My car weighs 100lbs less then his and makes 150ft lbs more torque. Im just confused why everyone repeats that 50 year old quote when it doesnt add up in the rear world.

I could see torque being great if you have a 4 speed gearbox and you come out of a corner to fast for the lower gear and to slow for the gear your in.. aside from that i think its all about horsepower.

·
Registered
573 Posts
HP gets you there faster but torque is where the fun is. That nice pull u feel is the torque working. What wins races is an experienced light weight rider/driver. You might be fast but if you cant corner then what good is that fast bike or car....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well said, forget about that tq and hp crap. When it comes down to it, driver makes the biggest difference.

Riding a motorcycle, i think torque is only good for wheelies. A kawasaki ninja 636r has 110whp and about 47ft/tq. a ducati has a 80/80 which one would win a drag race with equal riders?

Im sorry for the long rant-- but if torque is some damn important in racing why isnt there more cummings turbo diesel motors in racing? Honda's race car makes 780hp and 281ft/tq and you know what? its fast. way faster then the same car with a semi engine making 350hp/900ft/tq

·
Registered
22 Posts
buttons said:
Well said, forget about that tq and hp crap. When it comes down to it, driver makes the biggest difference.

Riding a motorcycle, i think torque is only good for wheelies. A kawasaki ninja 636r has 110whp and about 47ft/tq. a ducati has a 80/80 which one would win a drag race with equal riders?

Im sorry for the long rant-- but if torque is some damn important in racing why isnt there more cummings turbo diesel motors in racing? Honda's race car makes 780hp and 281ft/tq and you know what? its fast. way faster then the same car with a semi engine making 350hp/900ft/tq
Now oyu know what makes a car fast you have to add in alot of factors. Like toqure, horsepower, driver, weight, climate, temperature, elevation and a whole bunch of other so dont sya nothign if you dont know anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Backwoodz said:
I received the 65 tooth sproket and chain today......bad news it uses a size 25 chain.......too small for the pocket bikes....
I have emailed the guy to let him know and try to get credit of swap it for something else.

Does anyone know where to find larger rear gears for these bikes?
I want atleast a 65...........
http://www.sdscooters.com/Ninja_GT_X2_Superbike.html
they have stuff for cateyes too look for the link at the bottom of the page or call them
they have sprockets for the rear 32-90 tooth
and for the front 19-27 tooth
and custom chains to boot!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts