Pocketbike Forum banner

TrailTech Vapor on a Cag?

877 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  John the Chimp 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone put a TrailTech Vapor on a Cag (A1/A2)? Or something similar? I would love to have a digital gauge on my Cag. One that reads speed, rpm and cyl temp at minimum would be cool. EGT readings on top of that would be awesome!
I also was checking out the MyChron 3 but that sucker is expensive..
Anyways I'm sure someone has had the time, money and resources to fit one of these on a Cag before.
Let me know guys!

#2 ·
I'm not sure what a trailtech vapor is but i've seen a few tacho's fitted to minimotos, i'm not worried about revs/speed so much but would like something for lap times when i go to kart circuits, i think size is the main problem, something like a mychron or alfano pro are just too big for a minimoto, i'm waiting for an alfano cadet to come up on ebay, only gives lap times but is a decent size and not too expensive.

#3 ·
I had one called the "cateye" <--yeah I know! And it worked out alright, I think it had a lap timer but you had to hit a button each time you did a lap, it also did top speed and miles I think too...

We got it from a bicycle shop for something like $25

Just make sure it will work with a wheel that is as small as the cag wheels 6.5" I think they want that number in a rolling diameter? (in mm)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.