Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am very new here and I need some help. I live near Albany NY and no one seems to have information for me.

I am trying to sell my husband's Blata pocket bike. I know that it is older but he only rode it maybe 3 times if that. I don't know much information on it and was wondering if anyone could help me. I do know he paid $1750 for it and we are only asking $800 for it. My husband had a stroke and we need to money for medical bills. I can't seem to post on the "for sale" part of this site either.

I welcome any help I can get. I have it posted to craigslist and Letgo and everyone is VERY rude about our price. Please help me.

Thank you for reading this. Jan
https://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/6051843600.html

How do you post pictures?!?!?!?! I do have some posted under my profile in an album.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Hello:...

First off sorry to hear about your husband,,,,

Second is Blatas arent German....Theyre Chechoslovachian made by Pavel Blata...

The model looks like an Elite series 11 or 13 and cant tell if its aircooled or watercooled..

I cant see any Blata badges on it either from the pics so it may aswell as be a chinese knockoff look alike..

There should be a B on the pullstarter housing and a Blata logo on the top of the fork clamps.........

800.00 is a descent price for it if its the real deal.....They retailed for $3000.00 for the real deal and $600.00 for the knockoff......It seems pretty clean by the pics on cl...

Good Luck

PS you need about 10 posts before you can post pics unless you use a picture hosting site like photobucket............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info that they are Czech. There is a Blata stamp on the top of the fork clamps and it is air cooled. Do you happen to know the cc of the engine?? so many people tell me that i am lying about the quality of bike and most are insulting with the price they are willing to pay. I know that it is a select crowd that wants these but the rudeness and insults are amazing from people. Thank you for your input.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thanks for the info that they are Czech. There is a Blata stamp on the top of the fork clamps and it is air cooled. Do you happen to know the cc of the engine?? so many people tell me that i am lying about the quality of bike and most are insulting with the price they are willing to pay. I know that it is a select crowd that wants these but the rudeness and insults are amazing from people. Thank you for your input.
I hear ya on the rude people.....They obviously dont know the look of a euro made bike because as I stated the chinese were crafty at copying others ideas....

The frame is the spitting image of most chinese cags,,so are the rims

The aircooled models are cool and they are 39cc's in size...Most go for the watercooled models...

You need to take clear pictures of the Blata logo when including the pics....that will ward away nay sayers to a slight degree..

This is a chinese Cag frame,,,notice the similarities between your husbands Blata and the chinese copy.....The kickstand is a dead giveaway its chinese....Blata 2.5 has a very very similar frame as this one and where the chinese ripped the design off of originally..

This is a Blata 2.5 aircooled model...This one is the first model made...This is a 1999 model..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again thank you. I will be putting a picture of the Blata emblem in my ads. Honestly I just don't think the people around here even know anything about them. They think that because it is small that the price should be too. Do you know about how fast they go? My husband thinks his brother clocked him doing about 65mph but doesn't remember well.

Again I appreciate all your help on this. :tango_face_grin:

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Again thank you. I will be putting a picture of the Blata emblem in my ads. Honestly I just don't think the people around here even know anything about them. They think that because it is small that the price should be too. Do you know about how fast they go? My husband thinks his brother clocked him doing about 65mph but doesn't remember well.

Again I appreciate all your help on this. :tango_face_grin:
I call those people Lowballers or temporary baller wannabe's..Theyre people trying to stretch their tax refunds by getting the max they can for their money or big ticket items for 10 cents on the dollar.....

I never answer the rude ones back either.....no reply kinda gives them the answer..

The way its geared it will still do better than 50mph...Like I said it looks like a regular old cag even to me but the badges dont lie!......Blata wasnt too adventerous with frame designs..

Heres an Italian made Polini for reference.......Good Luck with the crazees...Its worse here on LI.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Please post ad in local sites, i think you can get customer, who can interested to buy Blata pocket bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts