Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new rear tire for my mini-chopper. The current tire has a tube. I know the tires on my CAG are tubeless. Are there any advantages to one or another? Are tube and tubeless tires interchangeable or is the rim different?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I'm looking for a new rear tire for my mini-chopper. The current tire has a tube. I know the tires on my CAG are tubeless. Are there any advantages to one or another? Are tube and tubeless tires interchangeable or is the rim different?
What size are the wheels? Usually the 6.5" wheels are Tubeless, and sometimes the larger wheels have tubes, I like tubeless, like on cars, but tube tires will stay inflated for longer when sitting "Idle" waiting for you to have fun and ride! ;):thumbsup:

as for a difference, I Can't say "For Sure" but I would imagine they could be interchangeable
The main difference is the tubeless tires need a re-enforced "Bead" area and "Sidewall" the whole tire is the "Tube" the tubed tires can feel a bit flimsy, because they rely on a big old balloon inside to add strength (The Inner-Tube) <--- Not as cool as the "Inner-Net" :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is 13x5 -6 It looks like they sell them both ways. I guess if I got tubeless and it doesnt work I could put a tube in it.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i work with tires and if its set up for a tube then you should put one back in there
you could possibly put a tubeless tire on there if it will seal at the bead, high enough to handle the cornering forces
on my race bike i run a tubeless race slick but i put in a tube so i can regulate the pressure lower without fear of bead slip

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
its partially from a discussion ive been having with Swheels over the years ive known him
we both agree the x6 rims are nice but they come with a tire that has to run with a tube and if you try to put a tubeless tire on there like the ones we race with, it doesnt seat evenly enough to where there is a slight wobble and that is unacceptable for racing
and the tires that do fit it right sux
so weeza kinda bummed bout that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts