Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my bike is running to rich what can i do i recently turned the screw in about a half a turn than it wasnt running good at all than i turned it back a half a turn again and it was running great but the next day when my fuel tank is about barely done its bogging out at full throttle what should i do turn the screw out more ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
if your tank is almost done as in out of gas, it should be normal because there isnt enough fuel to keep the engine running and air is getting into the line. but dont quote me

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
if your tank is almost done as in out of gas, it should be normal because there isnt enough fuel to keep the engine running and air is getting into the line. but dont quote me

I just did quote you on that, extra air, and too little fuel WILL make the idle JUMP up and do funny things.

Buickgnx is pretty dang smart!

Nicky. :):thumbsup:

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
my bike is running to rich what can i do i recently turned the screw in about a half a turn than it wasnt running good at all than i turned it back a half a turn again and it was running great but the next day when my fuel tank is about barely done its bogging out at full throttle what should i do turn the screw out more ?
Is the spark plug simply "Fouled" ????

What mixture ratio are you using for the oil and gas mixture?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i tried this and it didnt do the trick i have another carberatour ill swap them and see if that does the trick .

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
i tried this and it didnt do the trick i have another carberatour ill swap them and see if that does the trick .
How exactly have you been mixing the oil?

How much oil, and into how much gas? (oz into gal)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How exactly have you been mixing the oil?

How much oil, and into how much gas? (oz into gal)
i have been mixing the gas 50 :1 and than i just tryed 40 :1 i used supertech 2 cycle motor oil and it didnt seem to do anything .

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
i have been mixing the gas 50 :1 and than i just tryed 40 :1 i used supertech 2 cycle motor oil and it didnt seem to do anything .
how many oz of oil, and into what volume of gas?

I think your math might be off...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so i put a new carb on it and it doesnt bog out anymore but it idles fine when the choke is off but when i turn it on it shuts off after about 2-4 seconds .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts