Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I picked up an x18 and I see people talking about tuning your bikes.. How would I tune mine? Everything is stock and hasn't been touched engine or hardware wise.

·
Registered
156 Posts
like re you talking about keeping it stock and make it fast.there goveners on your bike that you can take of,go on youtube and go to x18 goveners or search sum bout x18 and goveners you will find them

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Tuning has to do with setting up your bike to fit your preferred riding style and comfort. This can be done by, as YZ125 said, removing the governors for added speed, adjusting the suspension to your liking, and bolting on or modifying a myriad of performance parts to suit your individual needs.

Commonly upgraded parts are carbs/intakes/air filters, exhaust, rocket key, clutch, and sprockets/pinions. There is a huge How-To section on this forum with topics on just about anything you might have the interest to do. If you have specific questions you should post threads on the Midbike forum, as that is technically what your x18 is. Bear it mind that just about any question you ask will have already been answered in another thread, so don't be surprised if someone just directs you to that.

Good luck and welcome man.

·
Registered
156 Posts
well if you want suspension like shocks and all it a 4 letter website name ebay

·
Registered
156 Posts
yw.............go on xmr pros they have a good shock

·
Registered
51 Posts
I heard that shock bike were not riding has good has no shocks bike is this true ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cause you lose power because of the shock bouncing but once again I never tried a shock bike so I really dont know just asking ...

·
Registered
156 Posts
it dosent bounce to bad if u crusing.but on a course u will be lucky if it dosent brake the shock mount

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Hey guys I picked up an x18 and I see people talking about tuning your bikes.. How would I tune mine? Everything is stock and hasn't been touched engine or hardware wise.
id change the oil and the tightness of the majority of the bolts and hardware
safety first

·
Registered
156 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts