Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a slc-516 SunL mini chopper

it will not keep an idle i tryied adjusting the carb and it seems the 2 pens dont do anything weather there in or out, i have adjusted carbs in the past...

i was just wondering if anyone knew the factory adjustments on the pens i cant seem to find them any where

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Its made in Japan, like my 26mm Mikuni, but mine says Mikuni on it, still did not work right, I got a 22mm, for my X18 110cc. It looks like a real Honda carb, that someone put on there. There is a main jet & idle jet inside the float bowl. the is an idle air screw on the side also, and the spring loaded piston raising screw for idle speed.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thats looks like a 20mm Mikuni carb..............The symptoms you describe sounds to me like your carb float is not set right ,,your mainjet emulsion tube tiny holes are clogged or your jetting is off...........Jetting should be around 38 pilot and 78-80 mainjet

Id make sure the carb mount and the plastic isolator with intake manifold match and the tiny o-ring is still on the needle also

The air/fuel screw factory setting is 2 turns out...............Alot of carbs are set at 2 turns out as a starting point,,,,any more than 1 turn in any direction to adjust the engine means you need to rejet

The c-clip on the needle factory setting is the second notch..The chinese set them on the 3rd notch.............

Id pull the plug to see the burn.............Change it with a new NGK plug # CR7HSA gapped to .030"

·
Registered
355 Posts
i have a slc-516 SunL mini chopper

it will not keep an idle i tryied adjusting the carb and it seems the 2 pens dont do anything weather there in or out, i have adjusted carbs in the past...

i was just wondering if anyone knew the factory adjustments on the pens i cant seem to find them any where
Need more details. How hard is it to start ? Does the choke affect the idle ? can you rev the engine ? It's very hard to help when we can't be right there listening to your engine....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well for more details i rode it today and it would get up to 35 mph for a half a sec then fall on its face to 29-30mph then rev and go back to 35 ect....... and once it shut off and fuel was poring out the over flow but after that it never did it again

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Find out where its leaking and fix it, then it will run better.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Sounds like you may have a bit of foreign trash on the seat or needle tip....You may also have to lean the float setting a bit...

Once you foul a plug a couple times you can just call it trash no matter how new it is............When I buy replacement plugs i buy 3-4 at a time for each application Im buying for..........It saves time and money for me.......

·
Registered
355 Posts
it was like the float was sticking and even after it stopped it did not run any better
Dirty carb. dissasemble the carb and remove all the jets and clean with carb clean and compressed air.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did that 3 different times now because i did not clean tank out, the last time i cleaned the tank i took carb apart today and still looks clean as before

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also this might sound dumb but i thought every 50cc was 2 stroke
could it be that this bike is 4 stroke and im running mix fuel..... just a thought the feller that owned it before me never did tell me 2 or 4 stroke so i asumed 2 stroke

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Its a 4 stroke, see the valve adj covers on top of the head, the engine case has oil inside, and no oil added to your gas.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Yes! you did it, You might have to open the head and clean it, but this is no doubt what is causing the problems for you!

Sometimes it's really hard to help from over the internet, you made it easy, by making an observation and picking the right thing to ask!

good job, You are going to have 100x more fun, very soon!!!!

also this might sound dumb but i thought every 50cc was 2 stroke
could it be that this bike is 4 stroke and im running mix fuel..... just a thought the feller that owned it before me never did tell me 2 or 4 stroke so i asumed 2 stroke

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
The 4-stroke bikes are like cars, they store oil down in the pan, and pump it up to the head on their own, so just do normal oil changes and make sure the level is high enough (There should be an inspection window)

Then just run straight fuel, because the oiling system takes care of the rest...

On a 2-stroke (pocket bike) There is no oiling system, so we have to mix the oil with the gas, it gets the cylinder nice and lubed, and "Hopefully" keeps the bearings wet too. we hope most of the oil gets burned before it's shot out of the tail pipe, hence the name 2-Smoke engine, lots of un-burnt oil = lots of black smoke (fuel too sometimes)

edit on my last post, I would try to get some of the oil out of the "intake" system, and not even worry about the head, except the spark plug must be pretty dirty with oil, maybe?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts