Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read about it ... So whats all the hype ? Bascially just give me the run down guys .. I know you can adjust the a/f screw but how do you know exactly where you want it ..Say I would want more low end ..What would I do ? Thanks
Newb question : p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well Im sorry I was reading down the FAQ'S and there it is. Wow ...you would think 4 years on forums would help me from making retarded post liek this : p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy **** ! I tuend it ealier today ....This thing hauls so much more ass top end ..No more loading up going downhills lol ...Kinda had to squint almost lol ...Awesoem free mods

·
Registered
146 Posts
im currently working with the stock carb on my X1 cateyes...how would i make the adjustments needed to make my bike quicker??

·
Registered
27 Posts
rnbsoulchild said:
im currently working with the stock carb on my X1 cateyes...how would i make the adjustments needed to make my bike quicker??
you would want it to be a little bit more rich not alot tho that is clockwise

·
Registered
27 Posts
why would you even bother adjusting a stock carb? thats like saying, i'm going to put 91 octane gas in a non supercharged car. it makes no sense. buy a racing carb!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
y buy a racing carb wen u dont wanna race?
if hes lookin to tune it, let him tune it...

i like the stock carb too, but i will later upgrade to a racing carb wen i feel my bike needs it...

i would work with wat i have and see wat i can get out of it, instead of swapping in my carb for 1 thats 60 bucks more, when i could have tuned it to do the same thing...

wait and see how it performs with it tuned, then change it if u feel the need to. or when it breaks...

·
Registered
27 Posts
iDR07 said:
y buy a racing carb wen u dont wanna race?
if hes lookin to tune it, let him tune it...

i like the stock carb too, but i will later upgrade to a racing carb wen i feel my bike needs it...

i would work with wat i have and see wat i can get out of it, instead of swapping in my carb for 1 thats 60 bucks more, when i could have tuned it to do the same thing...

wait and see how it performs with it tuned, then change it if u feel the need to. or when it breaks...
Uh duh moron, a better opening carb from stock to a 18mm is a better power difference. Stock doesnt make any difference if you tune it. Do you wanna race for your bike cus i'll smoke you in a second. Talking like you know what is good or not. blah blah blah rookies

·
Registered
573 Posts
91 octane is needed on a not sc/turbo car because some tune high compression. For example CTRs run high comrpession if you put 97 it wil ru nshitty. My old b20/vtec hybrid motor ran 12.5:1 I couldnt even run 91 octane in it because of the high compression.

You would want to tune your stock carb because its not at optimal setting from the factory. You may or may not get any gains from it but you wont loose money from trying. Sometimes you may have to lean it oout or richen it out depending on your location. Below sea level, sea level and above sea level. The same position of the needle in these 3 different conditions will drasticaly change the perforamance output.

·
Registered
62 Posts
wow you can really talk up the crap cant you. by the way tuning the stock carb does sho increase and it is better to get as much as you can out of what you have then add mods slowly so you can notice the difference. "wanna race for your bike" you got a big mouth can your bike back it up? leave the kid alone just because youve got a wad a green to drop on a racing carb right off the bat. im sure it does make a difference but some people like to experement and see what they can get out of what they have before modding. you call us rookies and you are the one sitting in here flaming us about its useless to run what you have.....it looks to me that you are the true newb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts