Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 uber scoot 49cc 2 stroke
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to figure out what model my 50cc 2 stroke uber scoot motor is. Is it the same as a pocket bike? I know it's made by hauseng I dunno. But I put about a mile on the motor before I ported it and want to find a nice coil for it one that has no rev limit.if anyone can help I would appreciate it.thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
There is no rev limiter inside the coil the limitation is in the port timing and duration lack of timing advance and the exhaust system.

You can get more performance by installing a rocket key this will advance the timing.

you can get a little more performance by removing the baffle inside inside the exhaust but to maximize performance you're going to have to go with a tuned pipe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a rocket key on its way. And I wanted to port it because I found out the crank case it's self was restricted. I figured to work from inside the motor and work my way out. Also have a carburetor and volacity stack commimg. It just seem like my friction drive bike I built goes faster.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Yes the Uber scoots engine is heavily restricted the number one first thing you need to do is take the cylinder off and remove the restriction on the transfer ports I may have misread your post and came to the understanding that you had already done this...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah already did only had the 6 little holes and the gasket. I don't know if I'm typing in the wrong kind of motor when I search for parts but the parts that say the fit my scooter don't even look like the same motor.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
You definitely want to remove the pieces with the six little holes in them it's best to disassemble the entire engine and grind it out but I have seen some people break it out with pliers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took a carbide bit to it but using the pliers fist would of save some time. Can't go riding anyways it's 17 degrees Fahrenheit here just trying to do some of this stuff while I have the down time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts