Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey again all,
I just installed jetpro exhaust and tried starting scooter up and it will try and start but won't start or completely turn over, it has compression and the spark plug has a spark but I just can't seem to start the stupid thing! how can I check if its the keypad without buying new one?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o yeah, the carb fuel bulb will suck in fuel but won't completely fill up(will fill up over halfway) and makes a squeaky sound

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try some flammable liquid in the cylinder. If it fires off for a second then spray through the carb. If it fires again it’s a fuel delivery issue

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds like you need to re-jet or if its a 15mm pumper open the low speed jet on top in the round brass piece and the spring loaded high spring on the side. I would turn both open 1/4 turn then see if it starts. Open the throttle a hair when your starting it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok I adjusted the carb and it started, I think it was harder to start because I haven't started it in a year

·
Registered
169 Posts
Very good, glad it worked out for you. Every year after I remove my bikes in storage, I put a little gas down the carb, makes it easier to start. Best bet is to put some gas in and turn it over a few times to get the bearings lubed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts