Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i posted pics and stuff about my orange x1 ...
installed a new pullstart and pawl on the bike but it still wont start ...
any ideas?
spark plug maybe? what kind do i get?
i pull the pullstart and it turns tthe starter properly but the engine
wont fire up.....
any suggestions?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The engine may not be getting enough air between the carb and engine..... if you take the spark plug to a maintenance store they will know the size of it from the number on it.. also make sure the spark plug is not wet or anything obviously

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Hey i posted pics and stuff about my orange x1 ...
installed a new pullstart and pawl on the bike but it still wont start ...
any ideas?
spark plug maybe? what kind do i get?
i pull the pullstart and it turns tthe starter properly but the engine
wont fire up.....
any suggestions?
Make sure your killswitch wires arent melted together coming out of the fancover....

Check to make sure the carb is tight and on right;-idle and airmixture screw should be on the same side as the pullstarter and the primer bulb oriented down if its not a hp carb....................

Make sure the fuellines are on right,,,,,black line is the feed line and goes onh the large ribbed port on the carb............The clear line goes on the smaller smooth nipple.....

Check the airgap between the coil and the flywheel and they are rust free.........

Sparkplus is NGK BPM6A.....Gap is .030"

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Have you tried priming the carb or plug hole to see if it fires??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
an being absent minded like i am ... decided to take a break from screwing with my bike to grill up some burgers ... long story short brand new throttle cable got melted before i could mount it .... fml .... gonna buy a bike that runs tomoro and keep this as a project :-(

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Pick up the rear of the bike and put alittle bit of gas down the carb. then if it don't start, put alittle in the plug hole, put back the plug see if it fires.
While you have the plug out, look at its color, clean it, check the gap, put it back, pull the cord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts