Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i've heard that it's not right to take our midbikes uphill because the stock clutch will snap. is this true? i'm thinking about cruising my bike to work but there is a big ol hill to climb. should i upgrade to a new clutch? or should i just walk my lazy a$$ to work?

PS: My bike is better than yours... because i have cool stickers on it.
more stickers=a better bike

·
Registered
573 Posts
The bike isnt street legal so its not a good idea, you'll get numerous fines if pulled over. Some violations can be: No license or driving out of class, no registration, no insurance, no helmet, unsafe vehicle, etc... You will also have to pay an impound fee to get the bike back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sesshoumaru562 said:
The bike isnt street legal so its not a good idea, you'll get numerous fines if pulled over. Some violations can be: No license or driving out of class, no registration, no insurance, no helmet, unsafe vehicle, etc... You will also have to pay an impound fee to get the bike back.
Really???? I know its not street legal, but me and 2 buddies of mines were curious about that and were cruising down our neighbor hood and on SAFE SMALL streets on em' and we passed by many cops and 1 pulled us over and thats for only to tell us to stay away from traffic and said a afew nice comments about our bikes and then he took off .... other cops ignored us.... we were wearing helmets and driving slow around them too.... but they didnt say anything about not riding them on the street....? or is it depending on the state youre from? correct if im wrong:) :thumbsup:

btw i never ride em on a busy or big street.... i don't usually cruise down the streets... we ride them down the streets to get to a playfield parking lot ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
yeah it depends on your state but he's in cali, cali is pretty strict. In some states the laws isnt as tough on you but in cali they get you for everything if your unlucky. Why risk your license being taken away & tons of fines if you know what your doing will land you in trouble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boogie-Moto said:
WRONG WRONG WRONG

More stickers = More HP ;)
Damn, i knew i was close with that quote.

Do u mind if we stay on topic please? I'll wait and get a lecture from my mom,

I really don't care about fines and all that nonsense. Plus I think it's fun to run from the pigs. There are no porkers on the road that i take to work. With that said...

ok, so i've heard that it's not right to take our midbikes uphill because the stock clutch will snap. is this true? i'm thinking about cruising my bike to work but there is a big ol hill to climb. should i upgrade to a new clutch? or should i just walk my lazy a$$ to work?

·
Registered
80 Posts
my bikes has been up hills 100's of times, many full throttle, no issues.

·
Registered
215 Posts
HAHAHA, hope you got good running shoes to run from cops LOL

I've taken my bike up a few hills, once up the giant hill at gasworks park in Seattle, but its kinda borring, even more borring that riding on a street.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MoFlava said:
Do u mind if we stay on topic please? I'll wait and get a lecture from my mom,
:rolleyes:

I really don't care about fines and all that nonsense. Plus I think it's fun to run from the pigs. There are no porkers on the road that i take to work. With that said...
Dude, its people with attitudes like yours that make the rest of us look bad. We have enough bad press already. Maybe you'll end up like that 19yo dumba$$ and get yourself killed. Don't be stupid.

Now, we return to our regular scheduled programming...:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kellylee said:
:rolleyes:

Dude, its people with attitudes like yours that make the rest of us look bad. We have enough bad press already. Maybe you'll end up like that 19yo dumba$$ and get yourself killed. Don't be stupid.

Now, we return to our regular scheduled programming...:D
Wow... Never really thought i had an attitude, but thanks for opening my eyes. Bad day at work? It was sarcasism... Maybe next time i'll make that clear. Sorry for the confusion. Thought my first line of more stickers=a better bike would've set the tone. KellyLee, that's my sister's name. You're not as nice as her though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I apoligize MoFlava, I took it wrong. These computers just don't allways get the message across the way you want them to.

BTW, I'm actually a nice guy :D Just don't want anyone screwing up and I try to make my point very brutal sometimes.

I'm trying to get help from ABATE and the AMA to get our midi bikes (Ofcourse I'm meaning the ones with full lights and such) legal here in AZ before they are banned. It just makes me crazy when someone rides one on the street, doesn't follow basic road laws and pisses off the whole neighborhood. Its real hard to get support when crap like that is going on. So again, I'm sorry for the miscommunication.

·
Registered
44 Posts
back to the public access programming

uhhh okae.... but yeah ..... me and 2 friends were riding our bikes in his neighborhood and there is a steep hill on the side of his house and we rode it up and down this hill like 5 times i even full throttled it uphill my bike was doing okae no biggie...and i had a midbike cat eye :D ......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kellylee said:
I apoligize MoFlava, I took it wrong. These computers just don't allways get the message across the way you want them to.

BTW, I'm actually a nice guy :D Just don't want anyone screwing up and I try to make my point very brutal sometimes.

I'm trying to get help from ABATE and the AMA to get our midi bikes (Ofcourse I'm meaning the ones with full lights and such) legal here in AZ before they are banned. It just makes me crazy when someone rides one on the street, doesn't follow basic road laws and pisses off the whole neighborhood. Its real hard to get support when crap like that is going on. So again, I'm sorry for the miscommunication.
no apologies necessary. i agree it is hard to sense sarcasism on here. hopefully those kids out there will abide by the basic rules of the road so it doesn't ruin it for the rest of us. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
In alot of areas right now, one of the reasons that cops are not making a big deal about pocket bikes is because they dont have the appropriate law briefing and until they know what they can do, they dont mess with you. But then one day, all of a sudden, they are cracking dow hard. If it becomes a problem or you are acting stupid however, they might just pull you over and take action. Bottom line. If you want your limited freedom on a pocket bike, dont be stupid and drive them on busy roads or disturb people and act stupid with them. It's very easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts