Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Hey guys, here's a video i made recently on how to clean pocket bike carburetors (and shows how to remove them off the engine) and how to fix the overflow problem that happens all the time on these carburetors. Thanks for checking it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBwMdBVPZZM
Pretty good vid ........a few things though...The float was oriented upside down throughout the whole vid......The rounded part goes opposite of the float forks.......Welding tip cleaner tools work great at removing ethanol build-up from jet passages better than carb cleaner alone...........

Cag reeded engines do come in two sizes.......One is a 40mm bore and that makes for a 39cc engine which is the bike you have in the vid and the other is 44mm bore for a 47cc engine.........

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty good vid ........a few things though...The float was oriented upside down throughout the whole vid......The rounded part goes opposite of the float forks.......Welding tip cleaner tools work great at removing ethanol build-up from jet passages better than carb cleaner alone...........

Cag reeded engines do come in two sizes.......One is a 40mm bore and that makes for a 39cc engine which is the bike you have in the vid and the other is 44mm bore for a 47cc engine.........

Didn't know that! I'll get some of them to clean it. I've been using the paint gun brushes but they are to big for this carb. I'm no expert on these bikes, I can make them run and keep them running but thats about it, i'm a lawn mower guy haha thanks for watching and giving input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts