Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ive run into a little problem here , ordered this walbro adaptor thinking it was made for this ada style reed cage but there seems to be a couple problems here in order for it to work “correctly”
First of all the pulse port holes are not perfectly aligned with themselves

On the adaptor side, the pulse port hole is not isolated from the rest of the intake tract, there should be a bridge or something separating the 2 parts,

and finally the actual passage for the air fuel is garbage and not fluid at all ,
Is this not the intake that goes with this kit?

Bumper Sunglasses Rim Automotive exterior Electric blue

Bicycle part Finger Material property Gadget Font

Material property Art Audio equipment Rectangle Wood

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
😕 the port needs to be directed into the crankcase.

I use the plastic ones you're more than likely have to fix it with JB weld
Yeah i got a couple of plastic ones too , same deal for me anyway , the port hole is directly in the intake and not isolated at all from the incoming charge

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if there is a better walbro adaptor the better fits this kit? It originally came with an intake adaptor for a dellorto sha14 . But also has that pulse port hole pre made in it so i reconned it would be good on walbro , guess they didnt think about putting a correct flow passage

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,391 Posts
I honestly don't know. I don't have the cage, but I do have one engine with a walbro, I might pull it to see. It has been a while. I have an aluminum intake somewhere I will have to find that one too, see what it looks like.

·
Administrator
3,549 Posts
I use plastic epoxy and seal the stock port then re drill the hole all the way through the intake and reed cage gaskets directly into the crankcase. Then I open port it alot bigger

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use plastic epoxy and seal the stock port then re drill the hole all the way through the intake and reed cage gaskets directly into the crankcase. Then I open port it alot bigger
Yeah ill see if i can maybe just fill the line i made on the picture and call it a day. Even then the flow passage is garbage lol,
I did some digging around and that is the one they’ll send you if you get the ada style reed style cage for walbro.. so yeah kinda dumb but you guys did warn me last year about wasting money lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts